Sir Paul McCartney

Well ask the bloke from British Gas because you won’t believe owt’ that I say…Or we will be shuffling it back and forth until the cows come home…Lifes too short…

I don’t have gas my house like many rural properties it is all electric .
The fact is why make statements that you can’t actually explain ?
Its a simple question what danger does a smart meter post and who is being suckered ?
Or is this just another one of your unsupported conspiracy theories ?

OHF in all seriousness old mucker ; old mate ; old pal I do believe that Muddy really does want to know the answer to that one in all seriousness

Back to the topic, Sir Paul. He wasn’t very good & the band/backing singers drowned him out a lot of the time, but he is who he is & it didn’t matter, because the audience sang anyway.
Diana was better, but even her voice not as good as it was.
Tom Jones to me still sounds good, but I don’t think Welsh people who can sing do lose it as they get older, look at Shirley Bassey.

2 Likes

Another oldie favourite of many, is Elton John.
Like him or loathe him and his flambouyancy when he was younger, he made some darn good music back in the day.

I read only the other day, that he has got his final tour coming up. 300 appearances he is doing - and he is 75 hrs old now.

At least he has said this will be his grande finale. When its all done, he is finished. Sensible man, I thought.

2 Likes

At the risk of repeating myself, read this thread where everything I mentioned has been explained…Do keep up Muddy and Gummy…

Energy: SMART Meters

While mulling through some of these old posts I found this little jem uttered by Bruce to Realist…

Bruce

Sep '18

As with most of your outpourings - totally at odds with available evidence.
I bet you are eating those words now Bruce…

Why would I do that? As stated:

I don’t believe that there were sanctions on Russia at that time nor was Russia invading Ukraine.

Come on OGF you will have to do better than that. You’re showing signs of desperation.

As I can’t find a thread on here from yesterday why should I find one from 2014 ?
Nope not convinced .
Water meters BTW save people money and I expect smart meters do too.

The conflict in Ukraine is just a good excuse the government can use to justify the rise in energy prices. It hides their inaptitude to efficiently supply the country with utilities. And also, as Meg posted on the other thread, who do you think is paying for the rollout of smart meters?

How does that work then Muddy…?
Does it mean that you were wasting water and power before you knew how much you were using?
If I’m cold, I turn up the heating…If I’m warm, I turn it down…Likewise with the shower.
If it’s all about money just have your heating taken out and use rainwater instead of mains.

It depends on how much water you need . If you are two people in a four bedroom house you are better off with a water meter . If you are five people you are probably better off unmetered .
We are two people in a bungalow we have unmetered it’s expensive but I can’t be bothered to get a meter and I like to water the garden .
We always have a shower and do collect rainwater in butts but this is because we are environmentally friendly and not wasteful .
An electricity meter smart makes no difference to our usage and it saves taking meter readings .

Gosh that’s a hard one… Um, I wonder if it is the same people who paid for the installation and maintenance of the existing meters. Perhaps it’s the users of electricity. What do you reckon?

or is this a trick question perhaps it’s Sir Paul McCartney?

Next question.

It must be particularly galling to know that you are subsidising the people who have installed smart meters yet you are getting none of the benefits

1 Like

Apologies for going off topic, and I’m glad you don’t do my accounts Bruce…But according to Wiki…

How much has the smart meter rollout cost?

The “Smart Meter Roll-Out” is the government project that aims to install a total of 53 million Smart or Advanced Meters in 30 million homes and businesses between 2015 and 2020 and which is estimated to cost £10.9bn.

And in most cases perfectly good meters were replaced by smart meters.

Not always though our meter had been in the house since it was built about 45 years previously and needed to be replaced anyway .

I reckon our minds are wandering more of late, its our age. :grinning:

How did we get onto smart meters and prices, on a Paul MacCartney/Elton John thread?

2 Likes

After that gig the electricity bill must have been enormous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting back on the topic of Glastonbury -
@Bread - Thanks for your post about the “behind the scenes” work of the stage crew at Glastonbury - I found that interesting and impressive -
though when I first read your words about “the amount of gear used” in conjunction with Glastonbury, I was half expecting it to be about a different kind of “gear”! :joy:

Yeah I should have reworded that :lol:

I watched Paul McCartney and thought he was great!
I was impressed by his energy and to be able to sing for so long!

I loved ‘his style’ too. Instead, of going for the traditional ‘old man’ short back and sides’ haircut and ‘old man’ clothes, he dressed stylishly and had lovely hair!

I also like Sir Paul McCartney because we share the same birthday… but not the same year!!

1 Like