Sir Keir Starmer's speech

Then I’ll replace “conspiracy” with “alternative” … :+1:

1 Like

Yep, I’ll take that Omah…
I agree with you though, if we got good reliable no nonsense unbiased news there would be no such thing as Alternative or even conspiracy theories because we would trust the news agency to report the news without putting a spin on it or turning it into propaganda.

Why is Starmer even a ‘Sir’?

How did earn that title?

According to Wiki: On conclusion of his five-year term as Director of Public Prosecutions, he was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) in the 2014 New Year Honours.

Oh. What a load of old cobblers. I wonder what a ‘Knight Commander of the Order of Bath’s’ job entails? Sounds like something out of Sir Lancelot’s days. :roll_eyes:
Thanks though, Percy.

Being a KCB is not a job.

It’s one of the Honours the Queen grants as a reward for service.

The Most Honourable Order of the Bath is awarded to members of the military or civil service for exemplary service.
Keir Starmer was awarded his KCB title for services to law and criminal justice, before he became a politician.

And he should have stuck to law, because he is never going to make it as a politician.

It depends what you mean by “make it” - Starmer didn’t begin his political career until 2015, when he was voted in as an MP - and within 5 years, he had already “made it” to the top job of Leader for his Party.
Not many MPs make it from the backbenches to the front benches as quickly as he did and very few get a shot at the Party Leader’s job.

Plenty of backhanders then Boot…

Do you make it up as you go along ?

Easy for you to say … impossible for you to prove … :roll_eyes:

Why would I want to prove it Omah? It doesn’t take a Ms Marple to wonder that his rise to fame seemed quite astounding. As Boot pointed out, he made it to party leader within 5 years…There are many local MP’s who win a seat in their constituency and are consigned to the back benches for years…

There’s obviously been a conspiracy … :+1:

No conspiracy Omah (although the word comes off your keyboard quite often) Just a few greased palms. Or perhaps deals done on the golf course…

Unsubstantiated assertions … :man_shrugging:

Or a dearth of suitable alternatives.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining, Boot.
I’d never even heard of that title.

Might also be a newer version of Tony B Liar … undercover Tory lol

I more or less intimated that in my original post #1.

1 Like

I noticed but I have a habit of being more direct lol

1 Like