Sir Keir Starmer cleared by police over Durham lockdown beers

I was going to reply but l just got this pop up message…

Yes, I got one of those messages too - I thought it was just a polite advice, in case we had fallen into exchanging a bit of personal chat on a forum thread, so I took note but decided it was not applicable.
Much as I like you :kissing_heart: , as we were discussing the actual forum topic, I didn’t think sending personal messages about it was appropriate, did you?
I think it’s best to keep forum topic discussions on the forum and keep the personal messages for personal chat.

1 Like

This is the same police force who controversially took no action against Dominic Cummings.

Well I’ve got a conspiracy theory. Cummings got let off, so did Starmer, both to the benefit of the Tories.

Boris only got one fine (why did he get let off the others) and it was the one that Rishi Sunak attended so he was fined too. Rishi wanted Boris’s job and had already started the wheels in motion and Boris knew this.

1 Like

Boot, I totally agree with you!
Yes, l’ve always liked you … but l have nothing deep and meaningful to write to you in a message! :laughing:

I’m glad Sir K has been cleared of partygate wrongdoing.
He would seem to be a man of principles , how refreshing.

Glad you said ‘seem’.

1 Like

Strange how Durham cops fined a woman £10,000 for holding a memorial for her recently deceased dad - it was held OUTSIDE in a field. Wonder if she’ll get her money back?

God, never realised having a Beer with lunch, two metres away from colleagues would cause such a stir, the geezer didn’t even have a party hat on!!

That happened earlier in the Pandemic, during the Winter of 2020, during the really strict lockdown weeks when the Govt ruled that everybody had to stay at home.
She didn’t get fined £10,000 in the end - Peterlee Magistrate’s Court reduced her fine to £500.

Very big of them.

Typical that a lot of Tories implied Durham Police were in cahoots with Starmer and let him off but they haven’t said a dicky bird about the Met not sending questionnaires to Johnson over two parties he was at :rage:

Deferential policing, arse licking or corruption?

1 Like

That’s shocking … :astonished:

(I’ll copy the link to the Partygate thread)