Sir Keir Starmer calls Boris Johnson "coward" in furious Commons row

Sir Keir StarmerIMAGE SOURCE,PA MEDIA

The prime minister retaliated by accusing Sir Keir of giving “lawyerly” answers rather than explaining the details of his own extra paid work.

Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle called several times for better behaviour.

Sir Keir then withdrew it, saying: “I withdraw it but he is no leader.”

The Speaker described the atmosphere at Prime Ministers Questions as “ill-tempered”.

The row between Mr Johnson and Sir Keir came during a series of exchanges over the issue of MPs’ second jobs, which has dogged Westminster for several weeks.

On Tuesday, both Labour and the Conservatives revealed their own set of proposed reforms, following Tory MP Owen Paterson breaking the rules on paid lobbying on behalf of two companies.

Sir Keir, whose party wants a ban on almost all second jobs, said Mr Johnson was “a coward, not a leader”.

But the prime minister responded that Sir Keir needed to give more details of his own work as a lawyer since becoming an MP in 2015, saying that in a “lawyerly way” he was “trying to preach to others for exactly the sorts of actions that he took himself”.

Amid raucous scenes in the chamber, Sir Lindsay told Mr Johnson not to ask questions of the Labour leader, as this was not the point of Prime Minister’s Questions.

BJ breaks the rules again … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

These politicians disgust me the way they behave.
The majority act more like thuggish, immature school boys than grown men with responsibilities.

As for Kier Starmer, he has always been more interested in point scoring, than getting on with his work.

3 Likes

Can only agree @Omah , the man’s a disgrace… :angry:

I agree with every word @Mups , I despair of the lot of them…

2 Likes

PMQs: Speaker Hoyle tells off Boris Johnson

The Speaker interrupted the prime minister’s reply to Sir Keir Starmer and told him to sit down during Prime Minister’s Questions.

Lindsay Hoyle had previously warned Boris Johnson in the same session about asking the Labour leader questions, reminding him it was his role to answer questions at the weekly event,.

Video:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I saw this on Skynews. The whole place is a rabble of noisy boys, its disgraceful.

1 Like

@Omah , Hear ! Hear ! Omah !
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

As does KS… :roll_eyes:

Hi

Boris is not a coward, far from it, he is absolutely ruthless.