Simple home made Garlic Bread

250 grams(9 ounces) of Real Butter at room temperature, 6 - 8 cloves Crushed Garlic,(To your taste) 1 Tbsp finely chopped curly leaf Parsley, 2 Tbsp finely chopped Spring Onions,(or 1 Tbsp Basil/Oregano) 1 Tbsp Cracked Black Pepper.
Mix all together.
Thickly slice your preference of Loaf bread.
Spread one side generously with Garlic Butter, place under grill,(broiler) grill for up to 5 minutes. Check regularly so as not to burn
Left over Butter will keep for 1 to 2 weeks.

3 Likes

I buy mine from Coles and heat it in my air fryer

1 Like

Delicious Bretrick!
I have to say I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil rather than butter and infuse the herbs and spices before drizzling it all over the bread :yum:

2 Likes

One of my favourite thing s to eat at anytime.

1 Like

Not made it in yonks, but if I did I’ll probably follow age old idea of salt on the garlic, squashed to paste with the flat of a knife.

Crusty french stick, slices cut 90% though, garlic butter shoved between, wrapped in bacofoil, oven for 20 mins. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I always preferred Virgin Olive Oil and although I do use a lot of butter in cooking …just not keen with the Garlci Bread…oregano I add to my mix btw.

2 Likes

I was in Coles today, damn you.

1 Like

Yeah, you know you love it.
Thank me, don’t damn me… :rofl:

1 Like

Just popped over the road for a pastry and…

right place right time :+1:

2 Likes

Is that Brekkie, respect!!!

1 Like

I’m sorely tempted but no :wink:
I’ll embellish it with some finely sliced fresh green chillies, olives and a drizzle of olive oil and slam it in the oven tonight to accompany dinner :yum:

2 Likes

probably needs more cheese to. Why not gate half pound of cheddar on top!

2 Likes

I have other plans! :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Garlic bread is usually crusty ,which I can no longer eat , so I buy Garlic Butter and spread it on soft bread,

1 Like

Great taste :+1:

2 Likes

This is going to hurt! :wink: :radioactive:

I don’t suppose you have any fresh oregano at your disposal? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here Also. In 25mins. International version.
Yorkshire Pudding recipe with Virgin oil. Ground garlic to taste into the mixer. >> Flat pan into oven at 200oC.
Comes out like a Pitta Bread.
With a Beef Burger lightly pasted with Bisto sandwiched.
Slice of Cheddar or Stilton optional. Yummy. Gotta go now.
Which defines my typing speed. :laughing:

3 Likes

If only you could smell a picture…

Mend and make do…:yum:

2 Likes

Just downloaded the scratch 'n sniff app.

3 Likes

Oh dear! :astonished:

4 Likes