Side hustle - Do you have any?

That’s a hectic schedule. I don’t think that I could work that shift! I’d be knackered!

@Minx , No wonder all the work is done in China now​:frowning::frowning:
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

You are so right! The amount of labour laws we have here is mind boggling!!

:101:

Not really an answer to that specific question Minx, but you got my brain working remembering.

Think it was the 70s or early 80s , I loved making hanging baskets out of jute or sisal - both for my enjoyment and friends who wanted them. Think it was the rage in those days, those hanging baskets.

A lad I used to go to school with ran a market stall. My SIL and BIL ran a pottery.

One day they suggested we got together - they make various sized pots and me design and make hanging baskets for each individual pot. Then we could give them to the lad with the market stall and sell 'em. Rock on Tommy!

Without being big headed, they sold too well and orders came in and I thought - what the hell! It was a hobby that turned into too much. It wasn’t enjoyable any more. So I waved the red flag.

1 Like

Oh Pesta! You could never be big headed! Big hearted definitely :049:

That’s just insane! You must be very artistic! I suppose it isn’t fun anymore if a hobby turns out to be work unless of course, you needed the income and that was the plan all along!

1 Like

Give over Minxy… you’ll have me blushing… :hugs:

Nah, I wouldn’t say I’m very artistic, but I do like to be good at whatever I enjoy making/doing or messing about with.
It started out as a fun thing really, not to supplement to our income.

1 Like

I was on duty for 48 hours, but the night was a sleep in duty. It was a residential mental health rehab unit. And when I worked at a childrens home, we did sleep in duties there one or two nights a week too. But they were only 24 hour shifts.

With sleep in duties , sometimes you are needed & sometimes the days can feel long, but it is only as hard as you made it. If you approach it with the right attitude, it’s a great job & although mentally draining at times, it’s not exactly hard manual work.

1 Like

Same here, now ready for retirement this Christmas, aged 64 1/2 , I’ve had enough.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. It’s always good to have the right attitude. I do not mind manual labour though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had a reputation for cutting Meetings short, or causing awkward silences. :thinking: :heavy_check_mark: :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

HaNg in there ! You’re almost there!
I hope you enjoy every minute of your well earned retirement!
:hugs:

1 Like

I’m sure it was fun to work with you Spitty!

:grinning:

at this age who cares anyways

One half hour meeting was discussing a certain function, I kept stum, after about 20 minutes, the Manufacturing Director addressed me and said, what is your stance on this procedure, I said “That procedure has not existed for the past six months, since the last system upgrade, it is impossible for this manufacturing system to tolerate it, and, I have pointed this out to a least three people present at this table on numerous occasions”.
Fancy that, discussing some-at that dain’t exist. :grinning: :biking_man:

:101:

Well, clearly no one listened the first time! I bet they listened to you after that Spitty!

:rofl:

I used to minute the meetings where nobody apart from me turned, and no one really read them, they must have assume it was only them who didn’t turn up :grinning:
been in training for a long time. :grinning: :biking_man:

This is what confuddled them.

1 Like

You got them good Spitty :rofl:

They didn’t even take in the Roll Call at the top, and see themselves and others NOT PRESENT. :grinning:

I actually meant to ask you that. Unbelievable Spitty! What the heck were they doing all day.

:069:

Standing by the Coffee Machine, eyeing up the female manufacturing operatives, :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like