Shutter Cards

No - I do not know why they are called ‘shutter cards’ but they are fun to make! These are for two November birthdays.

8 Likes

Oh ST! Roses :rose:!
My absolute favourite flowers!

And cats :cat2: !
my second favourite pet!!!

That must have taken a long time to craft! You’re amazing :star_struck: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

@Minx - Thank you!

2 Likes

.Perhaps they close like some shutters do ???

ok I’ll shut up.

2 Likes

Good thinking, Smiffy!

1 Like

They’re both gorgeous cards SilverTabby but the “friends” one is my personal favourite.
I particularly like the intricate cut-out patterning on both cards.

2 Likes

These are stunning…the details are so pretty. Very impressive! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

@Zaphod
@PixieKnuckles

Thank you very much.

Excellent work Tabby…you are a true artisan :+1: :+1:

1 Like

@wishbone

Thank you!

It’s a pleasure to see such intricate work Tabby …it must have taken you ages :+1:

1 Like

Love it my crafty friend x

1 Like

Thank you.

This is my favorite part as well.

SilverTabby, you have been busy. Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Are they cut out with that machine you have mentioned occasionally in passing (ages ago)?

You must describe how it is done and what else the machine does. If I have muddled this up with someone else just ignore

1 Like

Yes, Bruce, they are done with a ‘die cutting’ machine. I currenty have two. An 8yr old EBosser and a 2yr old Gemini and If I had 1p for each piece of card they have cut between them - I would be a millionaire!

EBosser cuts and/or embosses card, paper and thin metallic sheets.

Gemini cuts and/or embosses paper, card, cardboard, tin, leather and most fabrics.

How to use with dies …

How to use with a stencil …

Understanding pressure …

Thanks for that @SilverTabby

edit: Watched the first two and am halfway through the third but I have to go out now will watch the rest of it later.

Very interesting, I think you would enjoy 3d printing to make decorations.

1 Like

The idea of 3d printing fascinates me, Bruce, would love to see a demo but don’t know anyone who has one - apart from you - and it’s a long walk to Australia !!