Shower Or Bath

We do not have a bath, only a shower.

1 Like

Shower for me as well. I think it is more hygienic.

1 Like

I’ve got a walk-in shower and one with shower tub.

1 Like

I loved to soak in a boiling hot bath for at least an hour. The sweat used to pour off me, so good for the face, especially with a hot flannel over my face while I used to lie back in the water… Then I used to splash lots of cold water on it. Then out came the moisturiser. :grinning:

Since moving here, I can’t into the same feeling with this bath. It’s just a get in and wash every morning and then once a week I have a long shower. Which is ok.

I miss those long soaks.

2 Likes

Off topic - but bath related…I read recently that in Japan, one must wash and rinse off separately, and then go and relax in the warm bathwater. This is why they can share the same water for all the family (from head of the household down). No soap or cloths are allowed to be in the bathwater, and you can’t duck your head in it either. They also have a cover over the bath, and its considered rude if the water is allowed to get cold :astonished:

2 Likes

They used to be all the fashion at one time Bruce, I’ve never had a carpet in my bathroom, not hygienic also with a toilet, we have quite a few wet rooms here in the UK, I don’t have a shower ,even if I had a shower, I would still have a bath as they do warm you up when it’s cold.

Actually I have a hand held shower that I wash my hair with, I forgot about that, it came in handy after heart surgery as well, I was borrowed a bath seat for a while, as I couldn’t get in the bath.

I prefer a shower it’s instant and refreshing …yes my favourite
But when I’m feeling shivery there’s nothing better than a bath.

2 Likes

I have both a shower and a bathtub.

Each morning it’s always a shower and each night before I get into bed, it’s usually a bubblebath! A treat, especially nice after a long day.

:icon_lol:

2 Likes

Out of the sauna straight under a cold shower… That’s refreshing

2 Likes

That sounds civilised and I suppose if you’ve washed first then sharing water to soak in would be OK, not much different to sharing a hot tub really ( and a lot of people don’t wash before getting in those!)

1 Like

Yes, it depends what mood you’re in, I think

But if I’m going to have a nice long soak, I usually have a quick wash under the shower first, then fill the bath

So no water saving for me :scream:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to live in a house without a bath, but shower 90% of the time for me.

2 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world without Love. :grinning: :biking_man:

2 Likes

The only time we use the bath is when we are grand kids are here. And that’s wearing off as they get older.

2 Likes

The nicest thing about working from home is having a lovely oil scented bath in the morning listening to classic fm. There was never time for this when commuting so had to shower and go. Bathing treat was just at the weekend in the old days. I just never get tired of it.

2 Likes

I’m not too sure. Depends on the shower. The electric shower dribbles small amounts of water relative to the power input. The boiler feeds the upstairs bath/shower and I’ve noticed just as much water can be used showering as bathing. It’s only if you shower for the requisite short time that you make a big saving. So it’s 4 minutes I think. Hardly satisfying or enough time to wash properly unless you’re a bloke.

My wife prefers the shower enclosure in her bathroom (ceramic tiled floor) and I prefer my jetted bathtub for a good long soak, but if in hurry, I’ll use my shower (again tiled floor bathroom) purely for speed. One thing we do agree about is are our much appreciated bidets are a necessity :+1:

for washing socks and undies?

What ever floats ya boat Annie. You go for it girl and knock y’self out😉

Bath everytime, everyday in fact. :grinning: :biking_man: