Should I do it?

My garage is at the bottom of the garden & the ‘drive’ is only a car length long. It faces onto an unadopted road which runs all the length of our house & garden.

Opposite my garage are a row of 4 terraced houses. The bully neighbour lives in one of these.

A few weeks ago a car was just reversing in my drive as I opened my up & over garage door from the inside.

I only just missed hitting that car with my garage door. Who would have been to blame if that had happened I wonder?

The situation might not be so lucky next time.

I guess I could use this as a reason for installing a bollard.

I know how it feels to have horrible neighbours. I wonder if having cameras put up by professionals would be a good idea and they would capture him using your driveway and maybe the local police could view it then have a quiet word with him .

What ever you decide I wish you well it’s an uncomfortable situation

You need proof, Carol…if he hit your garage door…you need footage of him hitting your garage door…that’s if he ever does hit it…not sure how a mobile phone footage would stand up.?

An awful situation for you, Carol.
…but to go to all that trouble and expense to install a bollard into your drive for one no-mark, shows him that you’re bothered and that he’s got to you.

A big spend to prove a principle… Sorry… but he isn’t worth it.

1 Like

I did say in the first post what I intended to do. My bollard installation will go ahead.

I was just interested to know what you’d do in my situation.

Your remarks & advice was interesting. Thanks to all who replied.:slight_smile:

PS. The man who’s fitting it for me is going to make it himself in galvanised steel and install it.

He’s quoted me £150. I was well pleased with the price.:slight_smile:

[ATTACH]14586.vB[/ATTACH]

Sounds a bit cheap to me…be careful ,because I think that type can be tampered with.as in they will be able to bend it…some also stick superglue in the key part…mine never has to go down…so I don’t have that concern…

All I want is something to deter people using my drive.

Bollards aren’t expensive anyway. I’ve been looking online & you can get one for as little as £45.

This chap has 100% good reviews on my builder.

Good bollards are expensive.mine was nearly a £1,000

Cheap ones can be brought down…and what will you do if he puts superglue in the key part?

You won’t be able to get out of your drive then will you?

I do hope this installation doesn’t backfire on you, Carol.

Sorry Carol, but it seems like antagonising your neighbour is a hobby…:009:
I couldn’t not talk to any of my neighbours. Cut yourself a big chunk of humble pie and go and make friends with him…:wink:

1 Like

Yes it’s possible that superglue could be put in the key part.
We’ll be in a sticky situation then that’s for sure.

I don’t want to spend a lot on this. We’ll have to see how it goes!:slight_smile:

In an ideal world eh Foxy? :slight_smile:

Good luck with it, Carol,.:-)…

The world is what you make it Carol…:wink:

1 Like

Why would Carol want to make friends with a trouble maker?

I despised my Turkish neighbours, and their family and friends, who were a constant stream of visitors to their flat, night after after night after night, disturbing everyone. There was no way I could offer a hand of friendship to them. Some people are just not worth that.

1 Like

Self preservation.

Carol, to be frank you’re at risk of getting a slap.

Maybe not literally but a response that you won’t like one little bit.

As for installing a bollard to stop the guy using your front drive as a help to reverse — what does it cost you if he does?

1 Like

Reap what you sow Jazzi…:102:

If you prefer to live in a world of anger, fear and bad feelings, fine. But I couldn’t live like that, life’s too short…:cool:

1 Like

What if …“they “…decide to live in a world of anger, fear and bad feelings,?..:lol:

What do we do then?:017::017:.:lol:

Is it, …how did you work that one out, OGF?..:lol::lol: