Should I do it?

A best guess @ about 3ft tall £250.00

Oh I wouldn’t have minded paying that. It would certainly have looked better than a bollard.

I would really have considered it if I had seen this suggestion before I had the bollard.

It’s done now though - I just hope they’ll accept turning round in my sons opening next to my drive & leave me alone.

When your stuck in a situation, its hard to see all the options.

Carol - It could be a good idea to print a copy of this thread which may go some way to prove the difficulties you’ve had and the steps you’ve considered and taken. If you ever have further problems with your bully neighbour, you could consider reporting him to the police with the intention of getting a civil injunction order against him. I’d hate to live close to an anti-social neighbour - once a bully always a bully…and they don’t like to loose!

I have already opened a log with the police. The council & my MP know about it all - including the bullying.

Thanks Lindyloo. Your suggestion is appreciated…:slight_smile:

You can get gate hinges that cope with virtually any slope. They are easy to make too. The bottom hinge is offset from the post so as you open the gate the gate centre travels upwards over the slope. The amount of offset depends on the slope.

Be careful what you record with regards to you and your neighbour carol. If you ever want to sell your house any disputes between neighbours have to be declared these days as part of the selling process and could influence the decision of a prospective buyer to proceed with the purchase or withdraw.

My son & his family would like to live in this house when we’re gone & I want them to live here.

Trouble is he’d have to buy his 2 sisters out…

the suspense is killing me bollard or no bollard?

I would like to get a bollard to keep my obnoxious neighbour from parking on my drive while I am away but this isn’t going to happen . The prat just does as he pleases .

have you ever tried “prat spikes”??

@gumbud

I believe Carol did it, but the photographic proof got lost in the change over. :biking_man:

No! There are pictures. Carol had a bollard installed so her neighbour can no longer turn at the end of her driveway. I saw the picture and read the entire thread.

Our drive is a bit over 250 feet. We have no neighbours so don’t have this problem. Our last driveway was about 120. Occassionally our neighbours used it but we got along great. In fact, we didn’t mind anyone using it to turn around.

I’m so glad we don’t have to deal with neighbour animosity. I hope your bollard did everything you’d hoped it would.

A bit late for that I’m afraid. :pleading_face:

I meant NOT bothering them of course!

no what are they ?

More than likely. It would not be good if gypsies entered the park and set up camp. Hell of a job to get rid of them once they are in.

it’s wot the cops use to take down speedin cars?

I’m surprised to see this thread appearing after 6 months!!

Yes I had the bollard. Soon after it was installed I went out & forgot to put it in it’s hole. When I got back the hole had been filled with soil & I had to get down on all fours & scoop it out with my hand.

Nothing has happened since then except they don’t speak to me, but as they are not & never were, my kind of people I’m not bothered whether they speak or not.

Just so long as they leave us alone I’m happy. :blush:

1 Like

Glad to hear that Carol take care now :slight_smile: