Should Covid Vaxxed People Carry a Clearly Visible ID?

Seems to be a dirty word (words) these days. But that is a bigger topic than Covid.

I wasn’t talking ordinary sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis or gonorrhea (STD),… I specifically meant AIDS when it was first discovered and the medical world was in a lather over just how transmissible it was …

As I recall they could not donate blood and were obliged, if not legally bound, to notify anyone of their status, say, if they attended hospitals or dentists or anywhere where body fluids were exchanged. The same as anyone with Hepatitis.
Maybe not 'badges or passports ’ …but certainly an element of common decency or moral obligation to help protect others over the spread of something that was new and rather an unknown.

Eee… I’ve just noticed the posts above mine … I’m off.
Life is too short for slinging insults 24/7.

Everyone is asked personal questions about their health for dentists, hospitals etc. But you impart that data it doesn’t get accessed without your permission. GPs do not get informed if someone has HIV /AIDS status unless they choose to volunteer that information in a consult.

You are talking about passing on a dangerous disease Morty, how does that equate to someone who hasn’t had a vaccine for Covid. Surely the negative result of a simple test would be more suitable for deciding if the person was carrying Covid or not. Just because a person has not been vaccinated is not a guarantee that they have the disease, and neither is a vaccinated person guaranteed not to have the disease. All the vaccination will do is to help to prevent serious illness or death to the vaccinated person, who possibly could be infected but show no symptoms.

I’m talking more about your medical status … for instance … like next year with all the NHS staff who are unvaccinated.
Now if they were vaccinated and came into contact with someone with covid they wouldn’t need to isolate themselves and they’d only need to have a lateral flow test every day to check they remain clear.

My understanding is, though I’m not sure, that if you’re unvaccinated you have to isolate for 10 days, now reduced to 7 days.
But that’ll be a helluva lot of NHS workers off sick or sitting at home.

We’ve rather wandered away from the basic question we started out with, unless that was another thread as it’s getting confusing there are so many … which was … should vaccinated or unvaccinated people be differentiated somehow or is it entirely their own business.

psst … forgot to say … you make it sound like you don’t think covid is a dangerous virus Foxy.

I can only speak from a personal level Morty, and I can perhaps see the need for NHS staff to be vaccinated, but I think it should be a personal choice for them. after all, they know more about vaccines than you or I do, and if some of them think it’s bad for them we should respect that. As far as I’m concerned there is absolutely no difference between a vaccinated person or an unvaccinated one. It’s discrimination which we are supposed to be proud of having outlawed it against Blacks, Homosexuals, and the disabled.

We’re never going to agree Foxy … there is no discrimination against people who have refused to have the vaccine. It was their own decision, no one forced them to refuse. There is absolutely no comparison to other disadvantaged groups.
And there is a difference. The unvaccinated just haven’t shown willing like the vaccinated have …

One thing makes me curious … if the vaccination had been a virtual guarantee against catching the virus would there still have been so many who abstained.
Would you still have?

None of this matters, for folks who have watched the happenings, at the start, if folks had taken things seriously, the situation would not have escalated, and the search for “Normality” causes more implications daily, what will be will be.

1 Like

We need a young lad to plug a hole in a Dam.

1 Like

Agreed. A vaccine of this type should only be compulsory if it stops spread, which this one doesn’t.

Whilst I take on board Morty’s point that it will avoid them having sick leave, you can also say that they should be banned from drinking or smoking or eating take aways for the same reasons. It starts to get out of hand when you start saying do this and do that to people because they have a particular job.

1 Like

The first duty of a state is to protect itself from those who wish to harm it. The method in which it carries out this protection also helps define what kind of state it is.

Perhaps the UK ought to segregate those who refuse to refuse to take the vaccine, using eg enclosed campsites and caravan parks to contain them, and call these places “Vac-zeroes”. (Incidentally, this would release housing stock for asylum seekers to live in).

The UK could also insist that such people wear some kind of cross on their arms, to depict that no needle has passed through there. For ease of identification, and to appease those who aren’t happy with biometric data being stored, we could perhaps use laser technology to imprint a QR code on their wrists.

Etc, etc etc.

1 Like

They said on the news a couple of days ago, that there will probably be a 4th vaccine
for everyone to have in the spring!

How many more vaccines will they expect people to have??

1 Like

I joked a couple of weeks ago about having permanent jabbing stations at supermarkets and hairdressers. Maybe it’s the future after all.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be at all surprised, Dex.

I can easily imagine scanning a card in at all sorts of outlets and being given an appropriate self injection “pen”, filled with chemical base upon what my personalised database suggests.

1 Like

It’s not quite the same thing Annie … they have to isolate a helluva lot longer , 10 days now reduced to 7 … than they would for a hangover.

Though now you mention it … do you mean it’s okay for a surgeon to be on duty after a few drinks?
Sorry but your argument doesn’t stand up.

Of course Morty, every other person is a surgeon…
And for the record, surgeons and even airline pilots have turned up pi$$ed…Hic!

Not many.

I give up. You’re both right!

3 Likes