Shetland Series 7

Something to look forward to.

1 Like

The books are great, a series of 8 stories

1 Like

is the tv series based on the Books @ruthio or completly different?

Based on yes, but only roughly, they flit about from one story to the other I believe.
And in the book he is dark and good looking from Spanish descent!

1 Like

I may get the books then , just got back into reading again .

1 Like

The books are great, it’s the same writer who invented Vera, Ann Cleeves.
You can buy the whole series 1-8 together, I had the series as a present, really loved the books.
And you can follow his relationship(s) if you start at 1 and work through to 8.

Ann Cleeves Shetland Series 8 Books Collection Set https://amzn.eu/d/aPIB9TF

2 Likes

when i first watched the series found it all grey and rainy and dull - but it slowly grows on you and once had a friend on this site who was from Shetland originally and who may have died almost alone and in pain - some of us still are grieving his loss. Thought the acting was v/good - were they all from Shetland?

@gumbud only one of the Actors is from Shetland ,I found this on YT ,

2 Likes

It’s Tosh who really interests me for what she has been through and how she is coping. Ann Cleeves must have personally known such a woman to get this character SO right, because she mirrors a lass I know, or rather knew as she is no longer alive, poor thing :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Can’t wait! I live in Canada but refuse to watch North American TV or Movies as I find them absolutely unwatchable and uninteresting.

1 Like

I am really enjoying the new series. Had to watch after the last one & the cliff hanger ending. The acting is brilliant & the scenery spectacular.
Now I hate cop dramas & only started watching Shetland because Douglas Henshall is in it. I fell for him in Primeval. Loved that series. I got hooked on the Shetland series after watching one.

1 Like

Hi

Just watched episode two on the mobile.

Strange rather than on my big TV at home and stranger still with the hospital noises in the background.

Still thought it was very atmospheric and enjoyable to watch in spite of the screaming in the background.

1 Like

Sounds more like the torture chamber in The Tower than a hospital, Swimmy! Do you know yet when you are due for release?

Hi

No ST, unfortunately not.

I did not have the best of nights, bad dose of. PTSD, short of breath , angina and ended up wired up and on morphine.

I doubt I will be out today, try for Monday.

1 Like

Swimmy, are you having visitors to keep you company?

We could hire a 'bus and invade!

1 Like

Hi

Nope, not a one.

Family are many miles away and I am in isolation.

I am used to it and it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

:hugs:

We are here with you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hi

If you literally where here you would be hidden behind masks, gowns and gloves.:relaxed:

1 Like

LOL - you should see me in my designer HazMat!

1 Like