Shetland Series 7

I look forward to seeing DI Perez again .

Will Shetland have a season 7?

Shetland season 7 will star Douglas Henshall as DI Jimmy Perez for the final time and the series will start on BBC1 on August 10 at 9 pm. Yes, sadly the hugely popular actor has confirmed that this is the last time he will play the cop.26 Jul 2022

1 Like

Something to look forward to.

1 Like

The books are great, a series of 8 stories

1 Like

is the tv series based on the Books @ruthio or completly different?

Based on yes, but only roughly, they flit about from one story to the other I believe.
And in the book he is dark and good looking from Spanish descent!

1 Like

I may get the books then , just got back into reading again .

1 Like

The books are great, it’s the same writer who invented Vera, Ann Cleeves.
You can buy the whole series 1-8 together, I had the series as a present, really loved the books.
And you can follow his relationship(s) if you start at 1 and work through to 8.

Ann Cleeves Shetland Series 8 Books Collection Set https://amzn.eu/d/aPIB9TF

2 Likes

when i first watched the series found it all grey and rainy and dull - but it slowly grows on you and once had a friend on this site who was from Shetland originally and who may have died almost alone and in pain - some of us still are grieving his loss. Thought the acting was v/good - were they all from Shetland?

@gumbud only one of the Actors is from Shetland ,I found this on YT ,

1 Like

It’s Tosh who really interests me for what she has been through and how she is coping. Ann Cleeves must have personally known such a woman to get this character SO right, because she mirrors a lass I know, or rather knew as she is no longer alive, poor thing :disappointed_relieved:

Can’t wait! I live in Canada but refuse to watch North American TV or Movies as I find them absolutely unwatchable and uninteresting.

1 Like