Setting up for flash night shots

It is a lot easier to check it all works during daytime, ie wireless transmitters and receivers, even the camera shutter release is done by remote wireless,
hopefully the effect will be a lot better tonight so this is just an experimental test and possibly hide the flashguns as well later on
as they say “watch this space”

equipment
Nikon D810
lens Tamron 24- 70mm G2 version
tripod Manfrollo befree live
flashguns Nikon SB 900 and Mieke 910
camera remote transmitter and reciever by Phottix
various AA and AAA batteries by Eneloop

result

1 Like

Yours must be the most photographed garden in the UK, Kew Gardens is undoubtedly a poor second place because they close at night.

@realspeed , lmpressive RS. !! Looks like your wall needs repointing?? :+1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

What wall I see a wooden fence

Be kind, Assman does get confused by reality but look at your first photo.

the wall is fine, sorry i didn’t relise the reference was to that photo

@Bruce @realspeed , You guys are Soooo serious ? :worried::worried:

1 Like

Photography is a serious business :thinking: Although I do wonder what the neighbours think of flashing in the garden

@PixieKnuckles , Flashing WHAT ?? :+1::grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

Flashing the lights, donkeyman…flashing the lights :flashlight: :camera_flash:

Of course, when discussing the most photographed garden in England there is no room for levity. It’s a very serious business.

1 Like

@Bruce That’s twice in one day you’ve been right Brucy ?? :confounded::confounded:

Oh no! Let’s hope it is not getting to be a habit, that would be intolerable.

Anyway to return to the topic…

I was so enthused by the original post that I whipped out the ole flash gun, some bulbs and as soon as the rain stops I will be out in the garden snapping away.

1 Like

I still have one of those fan flash reflectors+ case for, but no bulbs. last used about 50 years ago

and a Voigtländer Vito CL plus wired plunger type shutter release cable to go with the above all in good working order
good old days when you had to think about everything before taking the shot. Film and bulbs were not exactly cheap let alone sending away for film processing

1 Like

See, these are the days when people knew about photography, and knew their equipment inside out. They learned the proper way to take photographs, all the controls, which did what. None of this point and shoot malarky, delete and retry. Oh no, back in those days you set it all up and took your shot hoping for the best.

c

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles , Did l see a LADY tied to the railway lines there pixie ?
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like