Security tags, how can you remove a security tag from a bottle?

I am sure I read or saw a YT video which said they use a magnet to release them but it is not your problem, as people have said just cut the wire with pair of cutters and sling it in the bin.

Judd, thatā€™s what we did the last time it happened, I bought a bottle as a xmas present and then found the tag still on it , so hubby got it instead, he managed to get the cork off ā€¦

Updateā€¦Just had this weeks Asda delivery, asked the driver if he had anything to take the security tag off, he didnā€™t but he tried to cut it off and couldnā€™t ,so heā€™s phoning Asda to get someone to come out and remove it for me, he said the packers are supposed to check the bottles because they donā€™t go out the front door ā€¦where the security alarm isā€¦they go out the back door,must be a lot of pilfering

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t it be a giggle if you cut the tag off yourself - and the alarm sounded in Asda!!

You can open that bottle without removing the alarm thing by simply cutting along the plastic and removing the cork!
You might get some funny looks if you offer guests a drink of whisky, but who cares?