Security renewal

My Norton security was on automatic renewal but when I saw the new price was double I cancelled it before they could take the money.

Now I’m looking for new security - free or cheap.

Any advice appreciated.

1 Like

McCafee is a good one

On this website you get links to seven (7) software free for Windows 2023

Finally, alternatives to Norton here:
https://cybernews.com/best-antivirus-software/norton-alternatives/

Free

Which? says “Bitdefender Free Edition is arguably the best example of the kind of quality you can now expect from decent, free antivirus. It includes anti-malware, anti-phishing and anti-spyware, and all are of competent quality.”

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition came top of the tests with a score of 85% and was awarded Great Value.

Paid-for

Which says “Bitdefender Internet Security has a complete and strong level of protection, including a great anti-phishing tool that works on all the browsers we tested, and especially good anti-malware. Its automatic scanning is a very effective and useful tool if you regularly use USB devices. It acts swiftly to catch and clean any malware it discovers.”

Bitdefender Internet Security came top of the tests with a score of 86% and was awarded Best Buy.

Which says "Avast One Individual is excellent quality and an impressive Best Buy – it finished joint-first (along with Bitdefender Internet Security) in our expert antivirus tests this year. It achieved brilliant scores in our most important tests, including virus protection and phishing prevention.

However, although it recognises when USB devices are connected, it will only deal with threats once they’re copied over onto your hard drive. This means the USB device could still be infected."

Avast One Individual came joint top of the tests with a score of 86% and was awarded Best Buy

For the paid-for editions, there are variations in features and costs which should be considered.

My Bitdefeder subscription ran out a few days ago so now I rely on M$ Windows built in Defender software. It is free and doesn’t pop up ads for itself every five minutes.

1 Like

I just use Windows defender which came free with any computer.