Secret Santa …..good idea or not?

Behave worst than kids!!!

Christmas parties are an excuse for bad behaviour! Unfortunately, my boss is insisting on having a party this year since we couldn’t last year due to Covid!

I’m glad to say that none of the blokes I’ve ever worked with have tried to pull that one. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Funny you should say that…I never noticed whether the guys said it to each other…not a handshake or anything. Nope, it was always the ladies who were subject to the slobbers on the cheek and big new year hugs…yuck! Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!

I second that!!!
Blimey, I wanna throw up already

4 Likes

I don’t think she ever recovered as she never spoke to me again, which was of course a bonus! :rofl:

2 Likes

I was expecting it so it was quite amusing. :joy:

2 Likes

I worked with her for five years and every year (except one of course) she gave a gift of a box of chocolates and received an expensive gift in return. I assume she must have spread the word at some point that she would not be best pleased to received anything other than her favoured brand. Actually, I think I was generous, I should have bought her something really tacky :joy:

1 Like

A coworker gifted you edible underwear?:grimacing:
I’d be furious but then again, I’m not as tolerant as you.

4 Likes

exactly! what is that all about!?

2 Likes

Someone once got the head of department a dickhead hat. He wasn’t impressed :smiley:

2 Likes

I worked for an old family business.They had a traditional Xmas celebration.Last in the pub paid for the first round.

2 Likes

Well I thought that thread so funny… :joy: but somethings happened at our office parties at the time I was with the Forestry Commission in Savile Row London, it was completely opposite the Police Station but that never put off some of the rogues…for a better word. :innocent:
Then my next employment was in a huge open office in Croydon, all females and that was alright most of the time as mixed ages, The Head of the Office had her desk etc just like a school teacher would…one double look from her and we got on with our work…Xmas time, yes we all had to pick a name out of a Hat.and buying I found easy with no hassle…and cream cakes all round when it was your Birthday…that was stupid but we all fell in with it.
Leaving pressies, new baby pressies,back from sick a gift, sometimes you felt like you went to work to just afford all the pressies… :clown_face:

I used to give the ladies in our physical test laboratory a couple tins of QS, Celebrations, Roses, or similar every Christmas and also 1 each for our section’s secretary and the company’s receptionist. Some of the chaps I worked with always wondered how I managed to get jobs done super quickly :lol:

2 Likes

Mmmm, yes, chocolate often does the trick. Well it does with me, anyway :wink:

One year I brought in homemade gingerbreads for everyone at the place I worked. There were a few women who threw them in the garbage.
I completely understand people not wanting to eat handmade cookies from someone they don’t know all that well but they could have hidden the cookies or thrown them out when they got home.
Everyone of us had a personal garbage can and these women made certain the cookies could be seen thrown out. It was a bit hurtful but was meant to be.

2 Likes

They sound like a rotten lot!

2 Likes

How horrible.Say what you like about us chaps but I don’t think any of us would have done that.

3 Likes

Gawd, there are some nasty bitches about. Just be glad you’re not one of them. You did a joyful thing, they did a mean one, I know whose heart was going to be more at peace over Christmas xxxx

Wish you were near enough to make me gingerbread :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you. :heart:
If I lived near you all, I’d make you all cookies.
It’s a nice thing to do :cookie: :christmas_tree: :cookie: :christmas_tree: :cookie: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Are you taking orders for Xmas?

1 Like