Scottish Tablet

Mr Mags would love that Pie, unfortunately it’s something I couldn’t eat…

Daughter lives in Aberdeen and have sampled them aa well but I think Killie pie is the best just my opinion

1 Like

Brownings the makers of the Killie Pie also supply Aldi with another Aberdeen delicacy namely the Buttery Rowie and very nice they are too. How did this thread about Tablet get onto pies?

1 Like

Please, go right ahead and talk ‘pies’!
I find it all fascinating to read :023:

@Zaphod - those are definitely on my ‘Must Try’ list!

1 Like

Perhaps homemade ones would be less greasy?

It was me. :icon_redface:

What’s this tablet any how?

1 Like

Hey DooD

It all started in the link below with an explanation of yummy Scottish Tablet…

3 Likes

how did giving away tablet go anybody not like it ? you could start selling it

@Caveman2 there are so many people around that appreciated the Tablet. They sit around looking for work. It’s nice sometimes to make them a little something as I walk past that way with my dogs. But yes, I can definitely sell them for a tidy sum. My neighbours kids were also pretty happy with my Tablet so, all in all, a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

strong text

1 Like

They should be because they’re yum.
:023:

It’s a long story, and all because @Minx caught my attention by making Scottish tablet at her home in South Africa.
:rofl:

Please excuse going off-topic a little but as an aside about Scottish food and the sweet tooth of Scots:
Just before Covid hit, the family had a holiday in Ayr combined with some househunting research.
On the way back to the hotel we visited a small-ish Sainsburys in Prestwick which is just outside Ayr.
My son, being typical of many young boys, is facinated by the sweet delicacies and went to look at the bakery counter because he already adores many of the unique typically-Scottish foods and especially the sweeter ones.

He couldn’t wait to point out what the store described as “small” strawberry tarts!
These must have been 12" (30cm) in diameter and packed with fresh strawberries which were glazed and then covered in whipped cream and, in honesty, any one of which would have fed the three of us easily!
He still wants to return there, and we know why.
:rofl:

1 Like

That sounds so yummy Zaphod!

I was dreaming of pies and desserts last night :grin:

1 Like

Might be a bit off topic but seeing the original post and pic it reminded me but I used to be fond of Kendal Mint Cake, when I was a teen and Youth Hosteling it was much loved by hikers and touring cyclists probably because it was mostly sugar.

The last time I was in the UK I bought some in Yorkshire as a treat for me, when visiting my cousin.

1 Like

I’ll have to Google it later Bruce :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s like a very minty version of tablet, & it is gorgeous.
:wink:

1 Like

Well then, it’s another taste experience to add to my list :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wait…you made tablet? If I’d known that I’d have jumped on a plane! Well done! :clap:

2 Likes

Yeah, I though the same Pix and expected some kinda Caledonian internet connected device … pmsl!

2 Likes

We Scots are capable of incredible things…LD! :+1:

3 Likes