Scotland flood chaos as cars stranded in water and roads turn into rivers

• Its bad…:umbrella: :open_umbrella: :cloud_with_rain:
3 Likes

Just seen that on the news, Pixie. Raining hard here now as well & very windy.

1 Like

It was just a wee shower press huh :yum:

it was actually pretty bad to be honest

2 Likes

Yes, there isn’t much of a wind at the moment Tiff, thankfully…I hate the way it drives the rain into you :frowning: Last night it was like a wall of rain… :astonished: The next time any sunshine is forecast is next Wednesday…I’ll be sure to get the deckchair out! :joy:

1 Like

How are the ferries coping, Caveman? They normally don’t sail if its bad out in the water.

1 Like

Not much disruption to be honest ferry berths here cos of wind direction so mess up anyone coming in to work as first in from mainland is 10.30 but normally 8am

1 Like

I was just reading about some people complaining about the restrictions that ferries are putting on travellers just now, along with the reduced service. So I imagined if ferries were disrupted by the weather too…there would be a lot of angry passengers!

I’m going out in a minute for a few things…I’ll pass by the river and see what state its in. Poor herons won’t be eating much today I doubt.

I hope you are all safe up there!

1 Like

Thanks Twink, yes…plenty of wellies and buckets on hand. I’m a couple of floors above the ground anyway, so I’m not fussed about the flooding reaching me (yet!) :joy: Some roads in my town have been closed off by the police, so the quieter ones round by me are all very busy now, due to the diversions. I just hope it stops soon, before all the boats sell out…

1 Like

I love Scotland & have been there many times, but with this weird weather we are having, I am sure that can make life difficult. :icon_sad:
Look after yourselves & keep us up to date with weather problems. You can send a bit of rain down here if you want, it may stop all the bonfires & fireworks that scare my cats! :laughing:

2 Likes