Scare off seagulls?

This tune, created by Deliveroo sand including bird calls from falcons and eagles is supposed to scare off seagulls and save your ice-cream cone :eagle::icecream::rofl:

I doubt it, they’re determined little devils, fierce and crafty, but it’s good advertising by Deliveroo!

Hope it doesn’t end up attracting eagles and falcons instead! :scream::eagle::eagle::eagle:

I believe it’s true that gulls are instinctively afraid of falcons and hawks.

There are falconers who offer pest control services to stop gulls nesting or settling on your property.
I have seen them flying Peregrine falcons and Harris hawks, at different times, over an urban commercial site to clear a pest population of gulls.

You can do it on the cheap by flying a “peregrine falcon” kite on a tall pole to make the gulls think there’s a falcon around - I have no idea if it works but gulls are pretty intelligent and persistent, so I’m guessing they would soon suss out it wasn’t real! :rofl:

Next time I’m at the seaside, I’ll try to remember to play that tune and see if it works!
The best place to test it would be up at Seahouses - I’ve never seen so many bold gulls swooping down on my chips as there is there!

1 Like

They are real bandits at St Ives, they stalk you for your ice cream :scream:

1 Like

They are vile birds.
We were in Western and a little girl had her finger badly bitten by one as it flew down to get her food,she was hysterical bless her.
And its not the first time i have seen it happen and it wont be the last thats for sure.
They need culling
Scare them off ? how about a a shot gun.

1 Like