Scan of Titanic reveals wreck as never seen before

The Titanic was scanned and digitally reproduced to give an accurate picture of the wreckage. This will allow it to be studied to see what happened to it.

1 Like

A new way of experiencing history…and non intrusive so it doesn’t disturb what some people might consider a burial site…brilliant.

2 Likes

i keep on watching this, and whats going through my mind is how many were trapped in there , and their remains would still be there.

2 Likes

That ship and her tragic journey have always haunted me. I am fascinated with it.

1 Like

Keep watching the interview Eliza, up towards the end 10.12 to hear the answer as to human remains.

3 Likes

I’m surprised he said the bodies are gone, I would have thought the bones might remain

I don’t understand this morbid fascination with the Titanic.Let her rust in peace.

A certain film starring Kate Winslet ?
I suppose to some extent people enjoy morbidity when it comes to shipwrecks.

Gordon Lightfoot’s The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald springs to my mind.

1 Like

Maybe you don’t but a lot of people are fascinated by such disasters.

1 Like

It’s a better film if you want reality.

1 Like

This may finally uncover indisputable proof about the sinking rather than speculation, before the wreck is consumed by the ocean.

1 Like

This is what i was thinking when i posted , those that stayed in their cabins , would have perished there and a lot were trapped on the lower floors , judging by the sides being intact , then I would have thought their Skeletons would still be there .

1 Like

Maybe they are and he’s just being tactful but it must be a very sad sight :frowning:

2 Likes

An appropriate time to stop exploration of the site.

Arthur Moore picked up the distress signal of the Titanic. No one believed him.

He later went on to pioneer research in sonar that helped find the Titanic.

1 Like

did you notice the first class swiming pools still had water in them…sorry

@butterscotch Thanks for posting this incredible story. :clap:

1 Like

11 year old video that popped up on my feed about CGI of the sinking of the Titanic.

1 Like

Seems that exploration of seabed is to continue, going inside what is left of the wreck too risky for a manned crew.

1 Like