Scam calls - from 'Amazon Prime'

It is merely a robotic dialler which tries sequential numbers by the hundreds. Once a call is answered it tries to pass the call to an operator to try the scam on you. When an operator is not available it says “Goodbye” and hangs up however I suspect it remembers the number for later use though I don’t know for sure.

Nothing to worry about.

The paranoia about premium numbers is astounding, unless you actually dial the number (in this country they start with 19) they cannot connect you remotely.

In the days of the dial up modems it was possible but that is long past.

Thanks, reg;

:slight_smile:

No, JBR

So you are still fit and nubile?

Thank you Bruce …that explains it

Oh, I like to think so.

Cheers Bruce.

Here’s an article on the Amazon con.

Pretty standard stuff…obviously tried and tested in different guises but the same principle.

Well, you must be keeping someone happy!!

Some Cold Callers will wait a few seconds before answering
I immediatly put the phone down and eventually they give up.
Alsoif they do get through,why does a complete stranger want to know ‘How I am today’ ?

Oh, she couldn’t be happier. I am, apparently, the best thing since sliced bread.

Picked up the landline phone to a computer generated voice, saying something about a plumber is coming but “I will be out”, played it again, made no sense, saved it, hung up. Dialed 1471 was told 03333 40000 called. Googled the number and lots of talk about confusing messages. Ms d00d thinks it could be a text from a neighbour that gets translated into AI voice when sent to a landline. I’m doing nothing.

Anyone familiar with the number?

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/0333340000

Yes … that’s what I was referring to when I said I googled them.

Punters are encouraged to rate them, whoever they are …

Mark phone number as:
DANGEROUS
HARASSING
UNKNOWN
NEUTRAL
SAFE

Dangerous was the most popular hit, but who are they, what do they want? Scam or not?

A lot of replies say “Parcel Force”

Yes, this is the link I put up in post 16.
I got a scam call myself today, a London 020 number.
A silent call.
I checked on the Who Called Me and it was listed as ‘Dangerous.’
There had been something like nearly 2,000 people being pestered by the same number, someone pretending to be from the government about loft lagging. :shock:

Congratulations JBR.

No, no. Congratulations Marge! :lol:

No wonder you have pasesd out in that chair you are sitting on.

Just as I read your last sentence my screen went completely black! :shock:
Battery ran out of juice… :lol:

:lol:

We’ve had the Goodbye ones and lots from Amazon Prime telling me my subscription is running out blah blah. Since I have never used Amazon Prime I just say, “Off you ****” in a cheery voice :smiley:

We are registered with the TPs but occasionally an actual person rather than a machine will get through. If I am in the mood I will try and keep them going with stupid questions till they get fed up and hang up, or else I just keep saying, helllo? Helllo? Helllo? They soon hang up! Mr G just shouts at them that they shouldn’t be calling and bangs the phone down, he’s no fun :lol:

Talking about fraud, and telephone fraud specifically, watch the film ‘Cold Call’ on My5. Excellent!