Scam calls - from 'Amazon Prime'

We all get scam calls I know. Mine are usually from Amazon Prime.

After frightening the life out of a person they then advise them to hit 1 on your keypad to sort it out with the line manager or whoever!!

What I wonder is: What happens if you hit 1 on your keypad?

I just wouldn’t try it, Carol.

I haven’t had one from Amazon Prime but have had them from the NBN. The calls are recordings but if you press “1” you are put through to a person with a script to try and get account details out of you.

If you want a bit of fun in these pandemic times it is OK to press “1” to keep them busy just don’t give any personal details out. Just ask lots of silly questions, it provides amusement for 10 minutes or so.

I used to think that Bruce but I’ve come to think that any interaction with them is dangerous. I just installed a line switch on my landline phone and just turn it off. I check the message bank a few times a day. A scammer will never leave a message that reveals their whereabouts and mostly won’t leave one at all. A bona fide caller you can ring back.

Be very careful.

This is actually referred to as the “press 1” scam.

Upon pressing 1 you are then transferred to a premium line, connection costs £5 and then £3-60 p/m.

That is not possible here.

Just this minute had a call from Amazon Prime about my renewal, what joy it is to swear at a computer voice with impunity, quite made my morning… :lol:

I had one yesterday and all it said was Goodbye…I’ve had it a few times now. Its a bit disconcerting I mean what can they achieve with that call…very peculiar

I’ve had that one also. If I don’t recognise the number I don’t even answer the phone now.

Same here tiffany…If it’s not a number I know , I just wont answer

They hope you call back, possibly a premium number?

Just had one from this number 05130133540 sounded like a female robot, from Amazon Prime,about my outstanding account, I had to press 1 to speak to someone. I have never in my life bought anything from Amazon
I’m hoping it wasn’t a robot, or my words will have been wasted on her.

I regularly block scam calls especially the Amazon Prime ones. Now they’ve changed tactics. They’re using numbers that show up on my caller ID as being local calls (same dialling code as us) making it more difficult not to answer first.

You have suddenly been charged a lot of money by the scammers.

Don’t do it!

Next time a caller sounds automated don’t answer the question and remain silent…chances are it will carry on as though you have answered…then you’ll know if they are automated

Paula, any calls I don’t recognise I use the . . . "Who Called Me’ website:

https://who-called.co.uk/

Also, this one below has an Amazon Prime scam report…

https://www.unknownphone.com/news/the-amazon-prime-scam-and-how-to-avoid-it/

I get lots of Emails inviting me to join in Sexual Orgies with nubile couples.
Why would anyone think a Grandma would be interested ?

However I do understand there are now various Web sites depicting Granny & Granda Sex!!

Blimey!! Not a pretty sight swinging naked from the chandlers. Especially with bodies in stages of atrophy.

I would rather have a nice cup of Tea and a Chocolate Eclair

I get those emails too, they always go to the email address that I don’t use
in the junk box…

Hahaha pmsl.
Brilliant.

Oh! I don’t suppose you happen to have their email address, do you?