Saving Electricity

I was preparing a pork casserole for dinner tonight and when I’d finished cooking it, as always I left the cooker door open to use the heat to warm the room a bit more. That’s something you can’t do with an air fryer which so many people are doing now to save electricity.

1 Like

Fan oven?

Want you to do that in the summer?

I hardly use the oven in the summer, so No.

I don’t really know what I can do to save electricity .
I already do all the things that save it and my bill is still high .
The standing charges a make the bill high without using anything .

1 Like

Agree with you there Muddy the daily charges certainly put the bill up , I think they should be cancelled out , the government should intervene after all millions in profit has been made

I still use my tumble dryer in bad weather but as it’s tub is more than twice the size of my washer tub, I dry two washer loads in it at a time instead of one.

I like to think this is saving me a bit.

I’m using my gas fire on low in the lounge and I have bought a halogen heater, on 400 watts the halogen is using 9pence an hour , it really warms the room quickly , perfect for popping it into the bedroom while dressing

It might do but as I found out at the weekend if you stuff it full then the washing gets all creased. My son overfilled it while I was out and the bedding came out all creased.