Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has died

It’s been reported today, that Sarah Harding, a member of Girls Aloud pop group has died of cancer.

She’d been battling breast cancer for a long time now, undergoing a mastectomy and chemotherapy in an effort to prolong her life. Alas, the cancer finally claimed her life at the young age of 39

RIP Sarah

1 Like

Sad at such a young age too

Yes very sad. Far too young.

Sarah Harding has died at the age of 39 just a year after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

The talented Girls Aloud singer slipped away just weeks after revealing the disease was terminal and telling fans that Christmas 2020 was likely to have been her last.

Her mum broke the news today on Instagram.

She wrote: “It’s with deep heartbreak that today I’m sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away. Many of you will know of Sarah’s battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day. "She slipped away peacefully this morning. I’d like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year. It meant the world to Sarah and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved. I know she won’t want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease – she was a bright shining star and I hope that’s how she can be remembered instead.”

Brave Sarah had undergone gruelling treatment to beat the cancer, including a mastectomy and intensive chemotherapy since first being diagnosed in summer 2020.

But in March this year she revealed the devastating news that the cancer had spread to her spine and she knew she was dying. Sarah was considering treatment options for a secondary tumour at the base of her spine, which had possibly grown into her brain, but had ruled out radiotherapy because she didn’t want to lose her hair.

Having already faced the trauma of losing her breast and being too ill to have a reconstruction - which had left her unable to look in the mirror - Sarah wanted to keep her blonde hair.

In her book Hear Me Out, Sarah wrote: “In December my doctor told me that the upcoming Christmas would probably be my last.”

She added: "I’m at a stage now where I don’t know how many months I have left. “I don’t want to feel like I have to spend whatever time I have left hiding away.”

Sarah had moved back in with her mum after she fell ill and the pair spent their last months together laughing at old episodes of Family Guy and bonding over their shared love of roast chicken.

She spoke of the joy of finding pleasure in the little things, like lie-ins.

But she did pine for one more explosive blow-out party, like in the old days of her Girls Aloud fame.

1 Like

Gosh that’s shocking
I didn’t even know she had cancer
Her family must be devastated

May her memory live on through her joy of music

1 Like

How very sad , so young and so beautiful. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Very Sad and we knew about her situation more so because our Daughter having her life saved though…but double mastectomy and hairless…she has been a carer since that time…her trade being a Hairdresser,
I’m sure we all will feel sad for the family…

1 Like

Oh gosh, that is so sad. So young. RIP Sarah.

1 Like

what a shame ,poor girl ,so young, must be devastating for her family

1 Like

So, so sad, so young. :worried: thinking of her family.

We are going through similar with our daughter. :worried:

1 Like