Same shot with 3 different cameras

Sony FDR-AX53

Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95

Nikon D810 with tamron 24-70mm lens

OK which do you think is better? I have tried to match like for like as much as possible without any editing.
Personally I think the camcorder holds its own against the other 2

The camcorder is the worst, the door is crooked, the other two kept it straight.

just altered but I was really after picture quality. Now my go to would be the camcorder first as it seems to have a sharper image

The first one looks sharper to me.

Agree and just added the same conclusion. Yet many photographers shun camcorders as they don’t think they are as good as a “normal” DSLR camera. May also be the “steady shot” gimbal in the Sony has helped as these are all hand held

1 Like

The top picture is the best quality picture, without doubt, imo.

The other two don’t come anywhere near it!

All look pretty acceptable to me but I am easily pleased, tried a DSLR but after big C treatment I found learning new stuff became impossible so had too much trouble with the myriad of setting. Went with a bridge camera which is pretty much idiot proof so fine for me. :grinning: :grinning:

I had to look this up never heard of a bridge camera but it turns out I have actually had one, a Fuji. It was my first digital camera after decades with a 35mm SLR and darkroom.

Personally I didn’t like it as it was too bulky so I went for a compact, at the time a Canon G10 then a Canon G16 I still have the latter as well as a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ110 and a Lumix DMC-TX10. They suit me down to the ground these days, they fit in my pocket take reasonable quality videos as well as photos and between them suit every situation I need a camera for. I use the TX10 most of the time but when travelling take the TZ110 for its longer zoom.

I still have a few very ordinary movie cameras but rarely use them

BTW am going by memory for those camera model numbers but I think they are right.

I upgraded my Nikon B700 which took lovely images given most of what I take are of birds, cats and sqqurrels through my first floor flat window. But moved some feeders to locations further away to give the birds a bit more cover and found the zoom could no longer give a decent image so managed to get my hands on a Nikon P900 and yes it is bulky it really is a lovely camera, very pleased.

My mistake: it is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 not TX10