Sage Coffee Machine

I never knew it was such a faff, to make coffee in those machines.:open_mouth:

Does anyone here have one?

I watched my friend make me a coffee in her new machine.:open_mouth:

It was like a procedure.:sweat_smile:

pauline I nipped into a local Greggs this morning, grabbed a Mexican Chicken and a Ham and Cheese Baguette and joined a queue of four, I was in a rush to get to my place of work, there was one lady serving, and, the woman at the front was there ages waiting for a hot bap, and a frothy coffee. She was eventually satisfied then a Geezer got to the front and ordered a Sausage and Bacon Baguette so, I wasted no time returning my Baguettes to the fridge and left.
I knew there was another branch of Greggs at the entrance to a shopping complex I had to pass so I thought I will pop in there, grabbed two Baguettes and joined the queue of four, exactly the same scenario hot Baps and Coffee, but, this time there were three people behind the counter two of which were doing none serving tasks until the queue went outside into the Mall, then we got served.
One day I will lose it and, armed with a Baguette, who knows what will happen. :angry:

1 Like

In lockdown I treated myself to a Nespresso machine .
It’s easy peasy.
Fill the water tank pop a pod in …a minute later a decaf macchiato.

1 Like

This sage machine my friend has, you have grind the coffee then weigh it, then press it down, I’ve never seen anything like it,:open_mouth:

I can’t remember what coffee it was, I must admit though, it was worth the wait!..mind you on saying that,it wasn’t hot enough for me, so she heated it up in the microwave…coffee for me, must be boiling hot, same with tea.

1 Like

Sage sounds like bit of a mare :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

We’ve got one of those ones that that make expresso, and have a milk frother, we never use it, as for grinding beans - WHAT?

Life’s too short when you just want a quick coffee, so we just use ground coffee and a Bodum cafetière

And sometimes when we feel like it or I’ve got friends round, we use our milk frother I make a cappuccino or latte. Milk frothers are brilliant and so quick

1 Like

Why rush … :069:

:coffee:

2 Likes

I bought a little electric Krups coffee mill recently, worth every penny.
The smell of freshly ground coffee beans is lovely!

1 Like

I still use my Spong:

2 Likes

I like that Omah, I like it very much!
I’d never heard of a Spong before .
Charming perhaps but it looks a bit high maintenance?
No Sponging for me at five thirty in the morning :wink:

2 Likes

@Omah , Got one of those Omah. nowt wrong with it !! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

Spong’s were, at one time, famous for their mincers and grinders:

https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Spong_and_Co

1882 Spong and Co proved to be manufacturing leaders in their field boasting sales of 200,000 mincers by 1882. They could boast that their mincing machine was owned by Her Most Gracious Queen Victoria, the Admiralty and the War Office, and could be found in the mansions of the nobility, the mess-rooms of the army and navy at home and abroad, also in the universities, colleges and many other great institutions of England.

All exterior surfaces can be wiped clean after use and rice passed over the grinders. An occasional full clean requires disassembly.

Apparently, even rusty ones are highly desirable - they can be restored:

3 Likes

I don’t like the look of that coffee mincing machine :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
All of a sudden Instant coffee seems very attractive!

2 Likes

Wow!!..I watched that from beginning to end, who would have believed it, he was a bit of a joker as well,:joy::rofl:…thanks for sharing, Omah!..

Watched the restoration of that coffee grinder on YouTube, I was gob smacked,:open_mouth::+1:

1 Like

Ah… but does it have that freshly milled Spong taste and arouma?

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::+1:

1 Like

Hi Mr Chilli

It’s a tough call a Spong cappuccino or Kenco decaf.

2 Likes

My special kit looks like this:

Impressive, eh? Try not to feel too jealous :grin:

Edit…forgot to close the drawer and can’t be bothered to go and set up another photo shoot.

3 Likes

Well impressed … and no mincing required.

2 Likes

Decaf?

3 Likes