Ryan Giggs on trial for assaulting two women - Update: Charges withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service

I’m sorry Muddy, but if she could have left him, she would have. As mentioned earlier, these situations are not as clear cut as might appear on paper. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What was stopping her Pixie ?
It’s not like she was dependant on him with five children in tow .
If he was always out womanising there was ample time to leave him she could have taken a restraining order out on him if she felt that afraid ,
The thing is it’s hard to walk away from that lifestyle and she wanted to be his wife.
He may be a bad unfaithful man but she was cheating on his wife with him too ( as well as with her husband ) so she’s not as pure as the driven snow either .

What makes it suspicious to me is that when the CPS was seeking more evidence ie abusive emails from him to her .She conveniently had dropped the phone in a river and had deleted other emails on another phone .

my point is that I fail to see why it’s in the public interest to take up time and expense on something that if he were not well known would be just another woman being ditched by a man who is tired of her .

2 Likes

I agree, obviously there has not been sufficient evidence to convict Giggsy or else he would be sewing mail bags by now…Do they still sew mail bags in prison now?

I wonder what Ron would have said.

Aint the jury bin dismissed ?
Unable to reach a verdict or summat?
Gigsies got to bribe anuvver lot ow !!! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Donkeyman that is an outrageous libellous remark .
Why should he bribe anyone it is up to the CPS to prove his guilt and clearly they have not that is why the jury have been unable to come to a verdict .

They should swear a dozen of the finest Manchester City supporters onto the jury and he’ll probably get life…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@Muddy, You seem full of outrage at the moment Muddy ?
It is possible that the CPS did prove him guilty, but the jury were still
unable to reach a verdict due to fact that the jury is made up of
“twelve good men and true” why didnt the judge use his prerogative ??
:thinking::thinking:

Gary Neville could face Contempt of Court action following a comment he made on social media made during pal Ryan Giggs’ trial. The former Manchester United defender has been referred to the Attorney General after Judge Hilary Manley learned of Neville’s comment, which was included in an Instagram post the 47-year-old posted at 4am on the opening day of court proceedings.

Judge Manley delayed the hearing at Manchester Crown Court to deliberate whether Neville’s comment was known to the jury and could be potentially prejudicial. “Both the prosecution and defence agreed with me, in the absence of any comment from the jury, and given my clear direction, the trial could properly continue,” Judge Manley told the court. “However, given the author is a person with a high public profile… it could be seen to be an attempt to influence ongoing criminal proceedings and could be contempt of court. Accordingly, I am referring the matter to the office of the Attorney General for the consideration of a potential prosecution.”

If proven, the offence carries a fine or up to two years in prison. The Contempt of Court Act 1981 bans anyone from unfairly influencing a court case and preventing a fair trial. It restricts what can be said publicly about whether a defendant is guilty or innocent, and it stops any facts or evidence from being published which the jury were not supposed to see.

The “affair” rumbles on … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The CPS has put forward it’s case .
It is up for the jury to decide if they have proved him guity or not .
They haven’t been able to do so .
By the way the jury consisted of seven women and four men one juror was sick .
The judge ( a woman in this case ) had asked for a majority verdict .

Any outrage I have is that public money is being wasted on one drama Queen ( who is now with someone else and has the baby she apparently craved ) and a bad poet who can’t keep his trousers zipped ,

2 Likes

@Muddy, Ooooer ??

The voice of reason! I bet a lot of people feel the same way, Muddy.

2 Likes

The judge set a new trial date of 31 July next year at a short hearing on Wednesday at Manchester Crown Court.

What a disgrace a complete waste of time and public money just to satisfy a wannabe wags bruised ego .

3 Likes

The charges were withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) on Tuesday, with prosecutor Peter Wright KC telling Manchester Crown Court that Ms Greville had “indicated an unwillingness” to give evidence.

He said the first trial had “taken its toll” on her, and her sister, adding it was “not a decision taken lightly”.

Mr Wright said there was no realistic prospect of conviction on count one, that of coercive and controlling behaviour, and it was no longer in the public interest to proceed to prosecute on the other charges of assault on Miss Greville and her sister.

He added: “That being the case, we formally offer no evidence on counts one, two and three.”

Hmmm … mud sticks and IMO rightly so. I feel completely sorry for any person subjected to violence of any description. If the irritant cant be talked through, then walk away until the situation has cooled.

2 Likes

He’s an unlikeable character but her complaints are pathetic .

She complained he treated her like the housemaid or his Mum , said she stacked the dish washer all wrong didn’t make the bed properly and ( oh woe) didn’t have his tea ready on time .

It’s a hard life .

2 Likes

Murder has been committed for less Muddy. There was a case a few years ago where a Sheffield woman was killed by her husband for constantly placing his knife and fork the wrong way round…
:open_mouth:

Men can be so annoying .

1 Like

Because women are so annoying.