Rugby World Cup starts today

Like I said, I will support any of our Nations, whether it’s Scotland, Wales or Ireland, I have no control over the media but my guess is that Scottish TV goes on about Scotland more than English TV does. Having been to Scotland many times, I know that is true.

I totally agree that the England rugby team behaved stupidly yesterday, their behaviour was nothing to be proud of (just like the ball tampering fiasco in Aus- bad sportsmanship) but they did make it to the final. The next time Scotland make it that far, I’m sure they will receive all the support they deserve.

Same with football.

Ditto!
Donkeyman!

Always a qualification from you WB eh??

Donkeyman!

Who? Marcus? :-p

Perhaps this article will explain a lot to you

I think that’s pretty lame, just one man’s opinion. :frowning:

you obviously haven’t read the article properly…I’ll give you the gist of it it’s simply to show why the other countries have no time for English rugby when a person like woodward can spout this tripe.

***** Bickering and off topic posts have been removed
Please do not make personal comments.

For heavens sake, why can’t all you rugby supporters behave like men and accept that there is a loser in every game?

I have been a rugby supporter for more than 45 years & have met a few top players. I even looked after Lawrence Dallaglio’s mum when she came to our club to watch a match.

In all that time i have never met a good player who didn’t have the grace to admit that they were beaten by a better team on the day! Rugby supporters don’t argue about who should have won, they just make sure that next time they win…and that is why there is never the nasty violence from supporters, like you see after Football matches!

Come on lads, there is no best team, there is just the team that played best on the day & I would support any UK team.

When Jonah Lomu played for the All Blacks, I have been know to support them when they played a great match!:smiley:

Well said. I must say I was extremely dissapointed to say the least, England removing or ‘hiding’ their runner-up medals, where was their sportsmanship,or lack of :shock:

They say to be a winner you have to be a bad loser.

In the absence of the All Blacks in the final, I was hoping for an England win but I was very disappointed at the medal ceremony at all the grumpy faces and the treatment of the officials handing out the medals. Sure, to lose is a big blow but acknowledge the winners and accept gracefully, please.

That’s hardly an English trait.

I suggest they were unhappy with their own performance…as any competitor would be having lost in a final.

When did that become a National trait?

Only an utter cock would call that out as a national trait.

They did well to get to the final…there is always next time…well played South Africa :slight_smile:

I agree .

I would like to think that Eddie Jones had a few harsh words to say about that, but probably in the dressing room!:lol:

Well said Twink! We dont want rugby to sink to the level of football
do we?
Because if we carry on like this, thats what will happen!!

Regards Donkeyman!

That’s the way I saw it too.

Yep me to, and there’s a few cocks on here. :slight_smile:

:044: