RTFM? Do You Ever Do it?

Thank you sir Omah!

I nearly always read the instructions, unless itā€™s something simple or Iā€™ve come across it before, what bothers me though, is all the languages I have to learn to get through the entire bookā€¦:crazy_face:

Read the manual?? Itā€™s unAustralian.

Not from IKEA , they have picture puzzles to solve as instructions

1 Like

Yesā€¦ but usually afterwards! I normally canā€™t contain my excitement to end up putting things together without them, and only refer to them if I think something might be irreversible (Iā€™m not completely daft :lol:)

Yes, I do read every manual that comes with whatever I buy. Often, there are a few added options I could use, or reading the instructions lets me understand how the unit works better. I keep each one together with the purchase receipt in my special info folder. When the item is thrown away or sold, the manual goes with it.
Can you tell I am an organized type? Makes my life much easier.:grin:

1 Like

Nooooo! Pfft! Iā€™ll look at it if and when I have a problem. My husband reads the entire thing so I donā€™t have to. :sunglasses: Lol

A camera manual nowadays can be a 200-400 page pdf.

I never read it cover to cover of course ā€¦ just start using the camera, I want to know more about say, Tracking moving subjects, I search the Tracking word and get 50 results: I soon find the area Iā€™m looking for.

Youtube tutorials can be entertaining and helpful too.

What Manual?..oh the one I resort to in desperation Iā€™m not friends with that one it talks gobbledygook ā€¦I usually hand it to hubby :slight_smile:

I still dont know how to change the clock in my mini and have had it 18 months . Iā€™ve tried reading the manual but dont get it at all . My clock is still an hour behind but I wont change it now because it will be going back again in a few weeks !

I havenā€™t even bothered learning how to program the satnav in our car although there are pages of instructions in the handbook. I prefer to use an old fashioned roadmap.

An old neighbour of ours used to call on me to reprogramme her TV and video machine every now and again. I could never figure out why these bits of kit would go out of tune. She thought I was absolutely brilliant at doing the job (until I spoiled it all by telling her all I was doing was READING THE FLIPPING MANUAL every time I did the job for her :lol:

I only read furniture-building manuals!
Everything else is a suck-it-and-see fumble about