Rosie Goodwin's Whispers - can't put it down

I’m currently reading a book by Rosie Goodwin called ‘Whispers’

It’s a ghost story - it’s so good I just can’t put it down.
If you haven’t read any of her books I can recommend them. This is the first ghost story she’s written - it’s brilliant as are all her other stories.

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it, but not sure that a ghost story appeals to me.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it Carol, women make terrific ghost story writers, look at what Mary Shelley wrote, they’re still making films about Frankensteins monster today.:slight_smile:

Just Googled it Carol, as I love a book I can engrossed in. It’s had excellent reviews on Amazon, saying exactly what you did, about not being able to put it down.

I’ll order it from my library maybe.

Carol it’s great when you can get engrossed in a book. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I must make a note of that book. Thanks for telling us about it.

I don’t usually go for ghost stories but since I discovered Rosie Goodwin I make an effort to read all her books.
At first I didn’t think I was going to like this one as much as her others but after about 50 pages, the present comes together with the past and a sad story unfolds - it’s riveting!

A ghost story :shock: … much too scary for me !!! :blush:

It sounds like a good read Carol :slight_smile: unfortunately I get little time to read these days but will put it on my list.

Thanks Carol!
Have just added it to my Kindle for my holiday :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am doing ruthio.
As I said in my OP, it’s a bit slow at first so bear with it. Once the past & present come together it’s absolutely riveting…

Just made a note of book and author. Love a good book

I don’t mind ‘slow’.
Sometimes at the end of the day with a cuppa and half an hour or so before lights out it’s lovely to pick up a book where you can just feel it wrapping its arms around you like a comfort blanket.
Books like this are a welcome change now and again from page turners that keep you up half the night!

I’m reading a wonderful american novel by Jane Smiley called Some Luck. It was recommended in the book page of the Saga magazine, I find their recommendations are always worth a look, and it follows a farming family in Iowa through the years from the end of the first world war to 1953. Each year is one chapter, and you witness the babies turning into children and adults and parents, you witness the highs and lows of every day life in a tough rural environment, the Depression, most of all the total absence of health and safety!

It’s beautifully written and I’m totally engrossed!

Hi Carol
I have just read up on this book and like Ruthio I will be adding it to my e reader. Thanks for the info on this book as I had never heard of Rosie Goodwin before.

Enjoyed the ghostly Whispers, thanks for the tip!

I’ve also just finished How I Lost You by Jenny Blackhurst.
It’s a thriller, by heck it’s a thumping good page turner, kept me up til 2am this morning finishing it!!!
Would be a great holiday read, (only I’m not on holiday!)

I’m just getting to the end of a collection of stories by Maeve Binchy called Chestnut Street.
She’s a good story teller, these are all little gems, lovely way to end the day.

Great Carol, i’m looking for another book to read, and I like Ghostly one’s. I have just finished reading Peter James book.

I will look out for ‘Whispers’ I like a book that you just can’t put down. One of my favourites was Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella, it grabs you from the first chapter, another ghost story with a twist.