River god

To all of those who love an excellent read, I’d like to share with you the love of the historical novel, written by the extremely talented word-smith, Wilbur Smith. The Novel is titled RIVER GOD.

Best historical novelist: “I say, Wilbur Smith”
Stephen King

Welcome to the world of ancient Egypt in New York Times best selling author Wilbur Smith’s sensational novel… RIVER GOD.

A grand tale of intrigue, deception, true love and exile.
The Denver Post

1 Like

I read this book some time ago and enjoyed it tremendously.

Excellent recommendation, Bakerman, one of those books one cannot put down!

It seems not everyone is enchanted - just read a few reviews!

I don’t usually advocate the burning of books, but in this guy’s case I’ll make an exception. He has some of the worst, turgid, cliché ridden prose in the English language. This guy must have a cliché macro programmed into his computer. “Oooh! I need a cliché. What one shall I use? I think I’ll use F7.” I do not know how this guy got published, not even once but multiple times. If you come across a book written by this guy take it to a safe place douse it in gasoline and set fire to it.

Thanks Tabby. While I don’t care for all of his novels, most of them are fantastic.
As a follow-up to River God, may I suggest The Seventh Scroll. It is a modern day story of the search for Mamose’s Tomb which Tiata describes in River God.

Another favorite of mine is Sunbird.

In my humble opinion, no-one puts words together like Wilbur Smith… a true wordsmith.

Apparently, tens of millions of other folks agree with you. On the New York Times best seller list for many months.
PS: published in 27 languages. :smiley:

I shall order it Bakerman. Thank you for the recommendation

My husband’s favourite author… :slight_smile:

If you like this author you might also like Ken Folletts, ‘Pillars of the Earth’ series. It’s my husbands favourite book.

Indeed. Pillars of the Earth is a grand historical novel. One of my all-time favorites.

Nevil Shute, another brilliant author. A Town Like Alice, The Far Country, Pied Piper, On The Beach, No Highway just to name a few.

Three excellent authors!

I have copies of every book Wilbur Smith has written. The first ones were excellent, but lately I am doubtful if he is the one writing them - they are co-written - very “samey” and predictable. Shame really - he should have finished when he was on top.

Wilbur Smith and his 4th wife, Mokhiniso.

4th wife?:104:

Maybe he’s a Mormon?:smiley:

True or Muslim. :cool:

I don’t think Wilbur smith is either Mormon or Muslim.

Likely, it just took him a while to find the right one. Often the case for the rich and famous.

Agreed Bakerman. We were just kidding. Definitely don’t wish to go down that path.

Ah, I usually have a great deal of difficulty understanding British humor. :smiley: