Rishi and Britain made the 7.30 Report

A spat between Greece and Britain made the news. Considering the British Museum nearly ruined them so many years ago

It seems to have been going on for a long time.

I forgot to say go to about 6 minutes in in that video though to be honest the whole interview is really interesting.

:018: not for sale.

I think that was a very silly and childish thing to do, very insulting He’s made himself look silly and they’re laughing at him

When you think of all the dubious politicians and statesmen that Prime Ministers do make welcome, when it suits their agenda, dumping him for just asking for his marbles back was a bit OTT :woman_shrugging:

I think the marbles should go back really

With IT and advanced technology available now they could make an almost perfect copy to keep on display here, and let the originals go home

IMO they should be sold back for an adjusted price to take account of the time passed since the purchase. I’ve no idea how much that would be at today’s prices and inflation, but I do believe they should be sold back to them.

2 Likes

I thought Elgin had pinched them but he did actually buy them but Greece was part of the Ottoman Empire at the time, and now that it’s independent, they want them back, claiming that they weren’t theirs to sell.

Give them back I say. They are nothing to do with us. Keeping them is causing animosity and anger, there’s enough of that in the world already.