Rip offs in todays economic climate

What is your biggest bug bare about what we get charged for.
Mine has to be getting a paper cup of coffee and being charged £3.60 or sometimes more for it. When they provided cups and saucers I could probably understand it to a certain extent but now lots of places are using paper cups and not only is it not good for the environment but the coffee doesn’t taste great or stay hot.

My local council tax that also funds the next to useless councilors who IMO are a total waste of space :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I like my football for sure.
But I can not understand though how players in the top leagues can get paid 100/150 thousand quid a week for passing a ball sideways and backwards for two hours a week.

1 Like

At the moment mine is the supermarkets charging 25c for a paper bag that once, before the now banned plastic bags, they used to pack your groceries in for free

1 Like

Insurance premiums!

Whether it’s for your health, your house, your car, your possessions or your travel - they are all ripping us off, in my opinion.

2 Likes

A can (tin) of soup went from $1 to $4 within a few short years, with the biggest increases in the last year or so. It’s getting ridiculous.

1 Like

I cant believe the hike in car insurance the past 2 yrs , well over double grrrr

1 Like

Starbucks: large Coffee-to-go Latte Macchiato : 4.35 € / £3.72 today

Reducing the size of buttery spreads from 500g to 400g and charging the same price while hoping folk don’t notice.

1 Like

I dont mind that though. Its like a dozen eggs carton often has 10 now.
I understand the cost increase and I still feel I have a dozen…sort of.
Also buying less “might” help lose a little weight :smile:

2 Likes

Marrowfat peas , from 50p to 1.30p

Wow, and they think we don’t notice