RingGo parking app, wrong car park!

I downloaded the app to use in the local car parks, rather than pay into the machines.
It would appear that ever since I moved here, I’ve been entering the wrong car park when booking a session. I realised today the code on the board didn’t match the site I’d chosen. So today I wasted £1.50 on the wrong site (which is the one over the road) and then entered 30m free in the correct site, and then had to rush what I went for!

After all these months, how on earth did I not get a penalty notice? Eeek.

2 Likes

Haha, probably a good job that you noticed eventually Jan, your luck couldn’t hold out forever… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

That just shows how efficient the parking wardens are; well, that is if there are any :man_shrugging:

meanwhile-in-italy-or-possibly-nyc

I’m just surprised my luck held out this far! My sis’s jaw dropped when I told her on my visit afterwards. (Seeing as I had to leave after 30m, wasn’t going to spend another 1.50). As for wardens, I may well have seen one now and again.

It was like the time I drove around uninsured for several months, after the mistake online with the personalised reg on the newer car, early last year. The police could have pulled me up and issued a ticket/points, but chose instead to send a letter. Phew. (Makes me blood run cold. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

Was this a council car park or on private land?

If the latter, the registered keeper could get a parking charge notice through the post up to seven months after the event.

Council, and I’ve been doing it for over 2 years!

1 Like