Richard Branson blasting off

At 70 taking a risk.

1 Like

I reckon he’ll be going quite a bit faster than that, Cinders.

:smiley:

Yes of course, he will be the oldest in space at 70 years of age.

I knew that’s what you meant, really. :slight_smile:

I hope it all goes well for him. He is a real pioneer

Blow his space flight I wish he would give me more interest on my virgin money .

And make sure his trans-Atlantic planes are stocked with nuts. :twisted:

I expect he will be well insured !!

Donkeyman!

Makes me realise what UFOs really might be!

They could all be full of very rich, and high influence, punters from various other planets.

Luckily, they fly on by as they see nothing, through their port holes, worthy of grabbing!

:shock:

UFO = Unwanted Famous Opportunists!

Space tourism is meant for the super rich.

:lol:

According to the UK's Department for Transport, when it does become a reality a seat aboard a sub-orbital flight will likely cost upwards of £200,000 per person.

I think that honour belongs to John Glenn, who flew on Space Shuttle Discovery’s STS-95 mission, making him, at age 77, the oldest person to fly in space.

:shock:

I agree, Dongles.
At least he goes himself and doesn’t send innocent monkeys and dogs up!

He has done it before in a virgin balloon, so he knows what to expect

Donkeyman!

Indeed, Richard Branson will be the oldest civilian to go into orbit.

Glenn resigned from NASA in January 1964. A member of the Democratic Party, Glenn was first elected to the Senate in 1974 and served for 24 years, until January 1999. In 1998, while still a sitting senator, he flew into space again, as a civilian.

As a former astronaut he would have been aware of what to expect. Richard Branson is brave, even with training it will an experience that cannot be fully simulated.

I believe that Richard Branson has experienced more maritime, aeronautical and meteorological disasters than John Glenn so those experiences should stand him in good stead … :wink:

Ha! Ha! Ha! Omah!!
Nice joke !!
But all economic disasters eh?
Apart from the hurricane incident !

Donkeyman!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57686654

Great name.

An 82-year-old woman who has spent six decades trying to reach space will join Jeff Bezos on the first human flight by his space company later this month.

Wally Funk, who underwent training in the 1960s, will become the oldest person to ever fly to space.

The 82-year-old has already made history a number of times - serving as the first female air safety investigator for the National Transport Safety Board (NTSB) and the first woman to be an inspector for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the US.