Rewilding the verges

anything that is growing unsupervised!

nah these are specifically church graveyards - displayed on FB for all to see!

Not necessarily.
Highgate cemetery in London is left to go wild as are other cemeteries and ruins.
https://youtu.be/vXnjKFBbasU

sell yes it seems there are many all over the UK - and some relatives are very annoyed about it and are not sure if it is a church responsibility or local council one? can you help with that?

If they are that annoyed they can look after their loved ones graves themselves .

some have and do resulting in a lovely patch quilt style of graveyard - maybe a design of the future? - the old world is changing even for the departed!

You know that do you ?

yes even have the photos?

Google your friend ?

donā€™t have google? - can I call a friend?

Have you got one ?

got wot?

I donā€™t believe in weeds. I have a ton in my garden because of the rain, and am finding so many edibles and pollinators. Iā€™m not cutting them down (or eating them, I have to sayā€¦not with the foxes and cats round here)

Some weeds are lovely I have several teazles in my garden I also like Mulleins

Well, look what just appened in London with not cutting the verges??
Set the bloody place on fire didnt it !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Did it ?
I donā€™t think itā€™s got anything to do with the verges at all .

Thatā€™s where a lot of fires start, set off by people throwing cigarette butts out of the car window.

yes but donā€™t ya see Muddy is right really - it hasnā€™t got anything to do with verges - they stand there innocently waving in the breeze and you are right Bruce too - it;s about people throwing fags out of passing cars perhaps? the verges are innocent bystanders??

Anyone who throws a cigarette butt out of a window onto tinder dry grass is a criminal itā€™s tantamount to arson . However people who kill their own bodies by smoking a poisonous substance are not likely to consider this .

I think there are a much higher percentage of smokers in the UK than here too. At the moment you could chuck a burning, petrol soaked rag out the window without any worry of it starting a fire so roles are reversed at the moment.