Rest in peace our beautiful furry boy kodi

Oh my goodness LQ I am so sad for you :icon_sad: (hugs)
At times like this I hug a cushion and wander around wailing to myself till I can cry no more … :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

2 Likes

So So Sorry LionQueen , they are family, so it is just all too much to bare.
Can offer time as a helper, so give yourself that, and sob away it does help…

2 Likes

I am so sorry LQ it’s been such a difficult time for you anyway you did you best for Kodi and his suffering is over now.

2 Likes

:two_hearts:thinking of you

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, LQ. So sad. Know the feeling.

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear this especially after everything you have been through recently :icon_cry:

Send you big *hugs

2 Likes

This is such sad news, Queenie, I know how much he meant to you and John. My thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

thank you everyone for your words of comfort. Right now I am in shock, my house is empty and feels dead, I can’t even bear to look in the back garden patio where he often used to lay, it feels wrong that the conservatory door is closed, we always left it open for him to have run of the house and garden when we were home. Sadly we had to put obstacles in the way on the bottom step to stop him coming upstairs towards the end because he’d fall down the stairs trying to get back down, everything was done for his safety and now that obstacle isn’t there and it just feels so wrong, everything feels wrong and black today, I want to scream and punch out why has God taken my fur boy, it feels like I lost my beautiful sister all over again. These people who say ‘its only an animal’ well it’s not ‘just’ an animal, he was my world and his presence in my life made everything happier and now he’s gone. I know I will heal in time but right now today it just doesn’t feel like it will . Again your words and support have been wonderful to read and to know many of you have been where I am today gives some kind of comfort because I know you are ok which means I will be too. The yearning feeling and the physical pain in my heart when I came home was exhausting, I could hear someone crying and sobbing so loud and I just couldn’t stop and it was me, I needed to sleep. I have just work up but the nightmare is still here. Time is what we need, we won’t ever, ever, ever forgot that little white curly haired sweetheart who had such a big character. Thank you again but also a big THANK YOU to our Kodi for giving us the blessing of almost 14 years of his life of sheer happiness, unconditional love and fun xxxxx REST IN PEACE MY FUNNY BOY who answered to Kodi, Kodes, Koowads and Dave, I can’t believe I’m never going to hear the patter of his claws on my laminate. I’m sorry, I’m pouring my heart out, it must be upsetting you all when I think of it, have patience with me and give me time and I’ll be ok. I need him to come into my dreams and to see he is with my julia and Mummy xxxxxx

6 Likes

If pouring your heart out is what you need to do at this time then don’t be sorry. Just do it.
People here will understand your need completely and will support you through this very distressing time.

2 Likes

Hi

Terrible News LQ

When it goes wrong it all comes at once.

I feel for you.

2 Likes

Queenie I am sure that many of us have been in the same position, so we understand how you feel . Crying helps relieve the tension so it is a good thing to do when you are distressed & don’t worry about us because we are just sad because you are having such a hard time over the last couple of weeks.
You will get over this in a few weeks time & you will know you have when you are reminded of something amusing that Kodi did & you are able to smile. He couldn’t manage to stay with you forever but the lovely memories he gave you will always remain! :hugs:

2 Likes

Oh @LionQueen , I am devastated for you too…

RIP Kodi… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

You pour your heart out!! I am so sorry for your loss, and after all you have been through.

I often look at my 4yo and think, how would I cope if anything happened to her?

Sending you both lots of love and hugs.

3 Likes

Big cuddle LQ most of us know how your feeling it’s ok to be broken and cry , thinking of you both . It’s been a tough time :heart:

3 Likes

You must be devastated but he had a great life loved by his family.You must try and console yourself with that and happy memories.

3 Likes

The pain takes a long time to lessen, I am still sometimes tearful about my Polly dog who I had to say goodbye to 18 months ago, but I know there will come a time when I think of her with smiles rather than tears. The pain will fade, but the love never does.

3 Likes

So very sorry Queenie, I know how you loved that little fella and I know how devastating it is when we have to say our last goodnight to them.
I’m sure he will still be around to watch over you. x x

3 Likes

Hope you are coping ok today Bev…I know last night won’t have been easy x

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear of your loss and send you a virtual hug. I know many of us have gone through this and it never gets any easier. Our little cat is nearly 20 and we dread the day she is taken from us

X x x

4 Likes

Welcome Murphybear! It us never easy to lose a pet, but I can promise that, when that awful day comes, members here will be able to understand & try to comfort you because most of us have had the same awful experience!