Replacement car key

My remote control key for my Ford KA was this week mangled by other cars. The key part though still opens the door and starts the engine. New condition replacements for my year of car are on sale on e-bay for c£12 but they are sold for any KA whilst my existing key is unique to mine. How can the key part of a new ebay one be made for mine? It’s an older car so don’t want to send an arm and a leg by buying one from a dealer which I understand is costly!!

Can’t help you on that one I had to replace mine when I got my older CRV recently as there was only one and I needed at least two copies. I did go to the dealer and was surprised I got two for £100 which I thought wasn’t too bad at all. They reset my radio for that price too.

Don’t know if this is any help. So in reality if your key is like this then the key from ebay should work. That would make it unique to your car

I would guess you would need to provide your chassis number or something?

Not sure where you live but there are some mobile services available. This just one of them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-KEY-PROGRAMMING-FROM-30-/112046450426

Try your local branch of timpsons, some offer replacement keys and can re-program them too…

We have an Indian guy on our market who is very good at this and not expensive.

Thanks all

Let us know how you get on sande and whether or not you manage to locate the Indian in Purwell’s market. ;-):lol: