Remembrance Sunday

I have just watched the Remembrance service & the march in London and as usually happens it made me cry.
The queen was resting & couldn’t be there, but when they sang our national anthem I had the awful thought that she may have attended her last Remembrance service… but I hope I am proved wrong !
Are others so emotional when they watch the laying of wreaths & see many old soldiers who attend this occasion every year?
I am proud to honour them, but sad to think that the people we lost in wars died and how their families must have felt on this day each year!

2 Likes

Not long back from a walk through the park and up river, I have a mixed feeling of anger and sadness though. On the drive there and back and seeing people in the park and walking therir dogs I only saw one other person wearing a poppy :no_mouth: There was a good load of people out and about too. I had mine on and Dageus had his purple animal one on his collar. What’s gotten into people? Such a lack of respect I thought. It never used to be like this, everyone, old and young had a poppy on their jacket.:zipper_mouth_face: :cry:

3 Likes

Rox I hope Dageus & yourself shamed them all !
Even in recent years there are still members of our forces being badly hurt or killed & every one of them deserves our respect. We should all wear our poppies with pride & be happy that some of the money we give helps those who survive & keeps those who died in our memories!

2 Likes

I did see several people looking at Dageus’s collar while we were out, I hope they were shamed. But I do feel it’s a lot to do with the change in the way the poppies are now made. That silly thick plastic stem is a right scunner, it used to be a simple pin and fixed into the lapel/coat very easily. Not so now. I thread mine through the wee hole in my zip puller and add a wee bit of cellotape to the end.

1 Like

@Rox Can I ask what breed Dageus is I am normally good at breeds but seems not as good as I thought. He looks gorgeous

It seems Her Maj has “done her back in” which is why she wasn’t there this morning.

He may be right Percy_Vere !
I heard that it was an ankle injury but I suspect they are not telling the truth about her health. I hope we are all wrong, as it will be a sad day for the nation when she is no longer Queen. :cry:

1 Like

He doesn’t usually have such a short coat, but I had it cut. He usually looks like a smallish Newfi. He’s a Golden Retriever and big standard poodle mix.

He is a cracker we used to have a OES crossed with something back when they were mongrels he was a lovely dog

1 Like

Twink, they’ve been saying on the news all day that she has hurt her back.
I personally, feel there might be a bit more to this, but at 95 years old I still think she has been amazing.

1 Like

And another:

1 Like

I would like to say “Thank you” to everybody who wore a poppy or put one on their pet, because you showed respect to those who lost their lives or contributed to helping those who were badly injured.

1 Like