Remember music of the 50's, 60's and 70's?

Blue Suede Shoe’s,written and recorded by Carl Perkins 1955

Smokie - Mexican Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STih5uKvkw4&list=PLpJR19PKfdTa8qJmGCS-nd09Te23XZ_6d

Lay Lady Lay-Isley Brothers…Look At Me-The Moments…Look At California-Maze…Saturday In The Park-Chicago…Groovy People-Lou Rawls.

Planets Of Life-The Whispers…How Can I Tell Mom And Dad-The Lovelites.

Thanks 65

I’m Alright-Little Anthony And The Imperials…You Met Your Match-Stevie Wonder…I Need Some Money-The Miracles…You Are My Sunshine-The O’Jays…It’s Over-Nancy Wilson…Sweet Music-Major Lance…Riot In Cellblock Number Nine-The Coasters.

My opinion Madness so much more entertaining.

Ain’t That Good News-Sam Cooke…To You With Love-The Moments…You’re A Wonderful One-Marvin Gaye…Gone-The Drifters…Slow Down Heart-Temptations.

The Labi version is my favourite. Nice post

Alfie-Dionne Warwick

I used to follow Dr Feelgood around everywhere at one time.
Not in California though.

You’ll Never Know-The Platters…Hey Western Union Man-Jerry Butler…Close The Door-Peaches An Herb…Don’t Be Afraid-Frankie Karl An The Dreams…Hello There Angel-Marvin Gaye…Are You Lonely For Me-Freddy Scott…Jump Back-King Curtis…I Dig Your Act-The O’Jays…This Is My Lovesong-The Intruders…The Beat Goes On-Sonny An Cher…Let’s Float-Hank Ballard…Lover Please-Clyde McPhatter…I Gotta Let You Go-Martha And The Vandellas…Seven Years-The Impressions…Take A Look Around-The Temptations…Farewell-The Ethics…Ruby Baby-The Drifters…Prisoner Of Love-James Brown…Are You There-Dionne Warwick…Yellow Submarine-The Beatles…You Must Be Love-The Miracles…Little Egypt-The Coasters…Ain’t It A Shame-Major Lance…Engine No. Nine-Wilson Pickett…It’s Your Thing-The Isley Brothers…Baby I Love You-Aretha.

How did yellow submarine get in with that lot? 65.

Haaaaaaaaa…ok I get it,most of these are soul,I actually liked some of the Beatles songs and this one came to mind!!

A memorable one, the original was from 1971, plenty of versions to choose from but it was an all time great, whichever one you prefer.

Shaft Live - Isaac Hayes- Soul Comes Home

This guy was one of my older sisters favourites. She used to pull me about all over the parlour floor dancing to him. I was only about 7 at the time. :lol: