Remains in Suitcase

Talk about a nasty surprise. Would put me off going to an auction and buying blind. :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Just out of interest It took 8 goes at trying to add another tag to post this before I gave up and added one already there, and daily threads is not where I wanted it. :rage:

BBC News - New Zealand: Human remains found in suitcase bought at auction

Eewww, thats horrible, poor family to come across that, jeez…I hope they (police) find out who it is and inform the relatives. And catch the killer too of course, but its a long shot now.

1 Like

That has to worse than maggots in the fridge :face_with_raised_eyebrow: another topic .

1 Like

Yikes … gruesome … :scream:

Given the advances in forensic science, the identities of the victim and murderer may well be resolved. That investigation would make a fascinating, but probably sad, documentary.

ETA @Rox I’ve added some tags. If you’d prefer some alternatives then let me know.

2 Likes

A proper skeleton would be good for a Halloween party.

Is that what you patina ?

Imagine the smell, or does the smell lessen after a while?

It wasn’t a prop from the 1960’s detective series… Man In Suitcase?!!

reminds me of something I saw on Court TV, a woman who was up for murdering her partner, she shut him in a suitcase and he suffocated!!!

A game?

I’m a bit dubious about thus. You would have thought the suitcase would have been opened to show the contents or maybe even to show the quality of the suitcase if it was a quality piece.

Local news outlets reported that they were being sold as part of an attempt to clear abandoned goods out of a locker.

Bidders at similar auctions typically do not get to inspect the abandoned items closely before purchasing them - with many bids placed in the hope of a surprise valuable haul.

The discovery of remains was only made after the residents brought the property back to their home, detective inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua said.

Several neighbours of the family also reported a “wicked smell” emanating from the property before police arrived.

Storage unit auctions are common worldwide. In the UK:

We’ve all seen the TV shows like Storage Hunters and Storage Wars, but what are storage auctions in the UK really like?

Here, we are going to offer some insights and share our top tips on what a storage auction is and how you can find them.

What is a storage auction?

UK storage auctions are becoming more popular with bargain hunters looking for that next hidden item but equally with those who generally have a passion for raiding storage units.

Storage units are often left to auction when a customer defaults on paying their bills. While every effort is made to come to an agreement with the customer, if this isn’t possible, storage units are often offered to the highest bidder at auction in an attempt to recoup some of the debt.

What types of storage auctions in the UK are there?

There are two types of storage unit auctions available in the UK:

• Online Storage Auctions – These are by far the most common in the UK. Unlike the US TV shows we all love, one thing not to expect so often is visiting the storage lot in person while you walk around various units. UK storage auctions are often conducted online on websites or over email.
  • In-person Storage Auctions – As we’ve said above, in-person storage auctions aren’t very common in the UK, but they do still occur. Get in touch with your local storage provider to enquire about upcoming listings.

My apologies.

but I agree: it’s fake news.

“fake news” … :017:

The remains are of Children , I hope the Police catch the evil so an so.

OMG I didn’t expect that. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Blimey … neither did I … :scream: