Relieve yourself from Stress

Hi

I don’t suffer from stress, I’m a carrier.

2 Likes

I miss stress now I’ve retired!

I’m good with crisis, impossible deadlines and a good fight……

Not so good with plodding along peacefully and coffee mornings :open_mouth:

Stress relief? Shouting, swearing, stomping, getting it sorted, kicking ass, winning!

Plus :rofl:

Tai Chi, yoga, reading, cooking, swimming, loving💕

I keep remembering T.S. Elliot’s Prufrock

“I have measured out my life in coffee spoons’’

And that ain’t gonna be me!

1 Like

Stress comes in all different forms Bretrick. Sometimes having some stress in your life can help to manage it better, like Maree…She has learnt to control it to her advantage and defuse it.
Using your analogy with the outstretched arm…If you use weights to strengthen that arm, over time you will be able to hold it outstretched for longer…
:muscle:

1 Like

Some people have easier lives than others and when something goes amiss, perhaps something that others would see as nothing to be concerned about, it causes them stress. Anti-stress measures might well work for those people.

Possibly not for others. It might depend on a person’s nature, responsibilities or fortunes in life but stress may not be relievable. It can always be there underlying everything no matter what is tried. Just part of life that is lived with and handled.

2 Likes

And, on note, I’m going to wander into the garden and have a relaxed beer…

3 Likes

Its a bit early for that, mind you it is 5.0 clock somewhere :smiley:

1 Like

A lot of people enjoy a pint at lunchtime.

2 Likes

I agree with @Bretrick 's OP. I’ve had my share of stress so that I enjoy every single day devoid of it. I can’t think of any situation in which I found stress helpful in any possible way.

1 Like

Mug of tea and a digestive and a chat to the dog.Who appears from nowhere as soon as she hears the kettle.

4 Likes

Be with those who bring out the best in you ,
not the stress in you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

How to de-stress :smiley:

2 Likes

So, your Dog prefers a Cuppa, to a Digestive Biscuit.

She knows there’s a good chance there’ll be biscuits too.

I am a very stress filled, anxious, worrier. Always have been. No matter what “remedies” I try. As long as I’m living and breathing, I will be stress filled, anxious and worrying

If you are over 60, you have debunked all the nay sayers who reckon stress is the biggest killer :grin:

3 Likes

this is the best advice. Some people are toxic energy suckers.

3 Likes

@spitfire thank you for that… you’ve made me smile :relaxed:

1 Like

Good, that is the way forward :smiley:

1 Like

Soft for face
Medium for body

1 Like

Beautifully written! I couldn’t have said it better.

1 Like