Reflection or Refraction

I personally love reflections and refractions. Although I am better at the former.
What about you ? Got any interesting reflections or refraction shots?
For anyone who doesn’t know the difference let me demonstrate:

reflection

Refraction (btw this shot is not mine, I don’t have a good one)

4 Likes

Hi Danny, I took a couple of shop window reflections just two days ago. And I’m over moon, dead chuffed. I will be attempting many more. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It takes real talent to make an ordinary old delivery truck at a warehouse into a piece of art. It’s simply gorgeous!

1 Like

Is this refraction?

A pack of my favourite sugar free sweets through a Raynox lens.

2 Likes

I would say so. Nice shot btw.

1 Like

reflection

as actually taken no upside down editing trickery

4 Likes

ok grabbed a glass filled it with water…then need something that floats…cotton wool pad…scrunched it, dipped it in a little red wine…dried it…then a little vaseline on it. light under glass and tried to get some reflection thought it would be better …but hey enjoyed the spur of the mo challenge…

not what I expected either… :innocent:

4 Likes

Beautifully done!!

Looks Cool! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Ethereal.

1 Like

That’s lovely Di!

2 Likes

In time for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Now it looks better than last evening…lol

Gosh that’s cool! :+1: :astonished: Its like…an alien jellyfish :smiley:

1 Like

I was trying to make a brew to keep Ghosts away from people that I know that are under threats of an invasion soon…keep it to your self though …

1 Like

Keep what to myself?

Do you know of Pinocchio?

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

I love it when it’s hard to tell where reflection ends and reality begins. Wonderful shot!

Thank you @Danny
I see these kinds of scenes a lot and I love them too - it reminds me of that lyric about MacArthur Park looking “lovely in the rain, with soft green icing flowing down…” !

I loved your photo of the cars and roadway reflected on the walls of the modern office buildings - the two images work so well together.

1 Like