Red ,White and Blue ( small axe films )

With regard to the police strip search of the 15 year old school girl .
Leroy Logan was speaking of this today .
This is the story of his life as a black policeman and the institutional racism in the Metropolitan Police .
On BBC iplayer .

A highly rated film:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/small_axe/s03

An urgent and timely biopic that’s as sumptuous as it is searing, Red, White, and Blue is a triumph that gives the undeniably talented John Boyega the starring role he deserves.

I was of the opinion that institutional racism existed in the entire UK in some form or other - and I do believe it’s got worst since the early 60’s with the influx of the West Indian persons and now includes of course all Asian immigrants - unless they are really rich ones?

I was at school in the sixties and there was never any racism in my school I was totally unaware of this .
however I did not go to school in London . There were people from other cultures at my school many Irish , polish and Indian ( all from the Catholic community ) but there was no racism but then there were no West Indians at my school as I remember .

I was state schooled during the 40’s and the 50’s where I did encounter a form of discrimination, my religious background. However, at turned 11, I was sent to a boarding school where absolutely no discrimination whatsoever was encountered and there I flourished through positive encouragement.

Did you live in London LD ?
I confess I now think that my schooling was very limited culturally .
I remember we did a sixth form outing once to a Jewish home for the blind which I felt very moving as most were Holocaust survivors . We went around and talked to the residents who were all keen to talk to us I think we must have done some singing or something too.

I was born in war battered Notting Hill. We then moved to Acton and then Teddington before Hampton Hill. Then I became married and bought our 1st house in Hanworth and then 2yrs later moved back to Teddington.

I lived in Surrey we only ever went to London with the school such as a school trip to the Tower .
Being in the country we rarely if ever saw a black person .