Recycling art work

You were welcome to paint over my parent’s Chinese Girl by Vladimir Tretchikoff any time you like

The blue faced horror .

Finished at last at least as much as I am going to do

Very nice and cheerful picture. Muddy…

1 Like

That’s lovely Muddy, so colourful, it would cheer up any wall. I’m sure it knocks the socks off the original mass produced rubbish that was underneath!

1 Like

Thank you Sheba Mr M has actually put it on the wall reusing it’s old frame

3 Likes

Oh well done Mr M! How lovely that he obviously appreciates your work so much :heart:

1 Like

We,l I wouldn’t go that far but having a five foot bit of hardboard cluttering up the place is a bit of a pain :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doesn’t it look smashing, you are clever, lovely and sunny and bright :+1:

1 Like

Thank you I enjoyed painting it ,simple shapes and bright colours I like to paint like a child :slight_smile:

That’s really really nice. Well done, what paints do you use please? I am very tempted to give it a go myself.

It looks perfect on your wall Muddy :+1:

1 Like

Kazz I used Acrylic paints for this they dry quickly so it only took me three days .

1 Like

Thank you Mags :slight_smile:

God I hate talented people :wink:

I’ve only just seen this, but it looks really good.
My experience with painting on gesso is to use a good undercoat/primer first.

1 Like

That is so cheery - I love it, Muddy!

1 Like

You know, it amazes me how quickly the availability of art is changing. Now you can do it just by writing on the wall on the street. And before everything was much more complicated. For example, my favorite artist is Claude Monet. In 1893, Claude Monet began work on his famous garden in Giverny.

1 Like

Hi @DedvKedah, a warm welcome to Over50sChat…

1 Like