Recycling art work

Today I thought I would recycle a bit of awful art work . The stuff that’s in furniture decor shops and is all churned out in China .so I was going to chuck it out but then thought I would give it a try .
So covered it with three coats of gesso , it has a nasty bit of plaster decor in the middle that wouldn’t come off and a black border surround .

So made a start underestimated how big it was and the paint was reluctant to stick to the gesso .
Had to go out and buy more paint .
It’s also too big for my easel .

2 Likes

That’s amazing, something smashing out of ugly junk, you are very talented!

1 Like

You were welcome to paint over my parent’s Chinese Girl by Vladimir Tretchikoff any time you like

The blue faced horror .

Finished at last at least as much as I am going to do

Very nice and cheerful picture. Muddy…

1 Like

That’s lovely Muddy, so colourful, it would cheer up any wall. I’m sure it knocks the socks off the original mass produced rubbish that was underneath!

1 Like

Thank you Sheba Mr M has actually put it on the wall reusing it’s old frame

3 Likes

Oh well done Mr M! How lovely that he obviously appreciates your work so much :heart:

1 Like

We,l I wouldn’t go that far but having a five foot bit of hardboard cluttering up the place is a bit of a pain :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doesn’t it look smashing, you are clever, lovely and sunny and bright :+1:

1 Like

Thank you I enjoyed painting it ,simple shapes and bright colours I like to paint like a child :slight_smile:

That’s really really nice. Well done, what paints do you use please? I am very tempted to give it a go myself.

It looks perfect on your wall Muddy :+1:

1 Like

Kazz I used Acrylic paints for this they dry quickly so it only took me three days .

1 Like

Thank you Mags :slight_smile:

God I hate talented people :wink:

I’ve only just seen this, but it looks really good.
My experience with painting on gesso is to use a good undercoat/primer first.

1 Like