Recipes and ideas In the kitchen

We’ve had these pie plates for years @Maree , they are enamelled and the heat travels through them very quickly and evenly, so we never get a soggy bottom…:joy:

I freeze them @Dextrous63 , cook first then portion up. I wrap each piece individually in a plastic bag then put them into zip top freezer bags eight portions apiece. :blush:.

When required we then thaw them out for around 4 hours before re- heating in the oven for around 30 minutes and they taste just like freshly cooked, delicious…

As the chicken is already cooked initially then re-cooking, freezing and then re- heating isn’t an issue, although I certainly wouldn’t do it with uncooked chicken! :wink:

4 Likes

Wow you are all such awesome cooks .
As you know I hate cooking so woe is me I have two guests coming for lunch on Friday .
I had planned on pizza and salad .

Any ideas ( easy ) to make it more memorable ?

Er two pizzas? :rofl:

1 Like

Pizza is pizza, isn’t it? And I bet they’ll love it!

You could make the salad fancy smancy. Spinach, tomato mozzarella, feta Greek salad, goats cheese, rocket and tomato?

And make your own coleslaw….

A dip is always nice to dip their pizza crust in, garlic? ranch?

I usually do some sort of potato with pizza and salad. Sweet potato wedges or a few of these, which are our current craze this summer

And then a small but delish dessert

Tiramisu? Affogato? Waitrose gelato? :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you Maree it sounds delicious :slight_smile:

You can’t beat a Chinese takeaway, no cooking to do and no clearing up afterwards. Why mess about with all that preparation

1 Like

My favourite too……any take-away really :rofl:

Do you remember that TV show “Can’t cook, won’t cook”?
They’re making a new one about me, it’s called “Can Cook, Can’t be arsed sometimes!”:rofl:

3 Likes