Recipes and ideas In the kitchen

Those look great Barry!!!

1 Like

They look really good, Barry, may I apply for the post of official taster?

1 Like

Fancied something simple but tasty for my evening meal. Came up with this …

Tempura King Prawns, Green Salad (diced Cucumber, Capsicum, Celery, Scallions) in a lemon and black pepper dressing, Katsu dipping sauce, and a few grapes. Delicious and refreshing.

supper

3 Likes

Oooh, that looks nice, sophisticated too.
Did you batter the prawns yourself?

Indeed I did - I love them!

1 Like

They look delicious :yum:

1 Like

Certainly looks a delish meal Tabby, I’ve never actually cooked a prawn would you believe? :flushed:

Here’s my today’s effort, a wholemeal loaf by hand, can’t wait to try a slice when it’s cooled… :drooling_face:

3 Likes

@Barry - that looks really good, Barry, I can almost smell it from here. You cannot beat homemade bread.

Never cooked a prawn? You must give it a try - so quick, easy and tasty! Can you tell I like prawns?

How do you straighten them out?

I’ve only just mastered tempura batter using the very cold bottle of fizzy water method

1 Like

That looks good, no bread making machine?

1 Like

A perfect loaf, Barry! :smiley:

1 Like

I ‘butterfly’ them, Maree.

1 Like

Thank you!

No @Maree , but I must admit to the Kenwood doing most of the initial kneading…:blush:

Many thanks @Mags , I was quite amazed as to how good it turned out. I tried to make rolls a couple of weeks ago but I overcooked them I think, but the birds seemed to enjoy them regardless… :smile:

Thanks @SilverTabby , it was better than I could have imagined, I may have to do it more often in fact… Regarding the prawns, I like them too, but where do you get them from, are they fresh or frozen? :thinking:

As my local fishmonger doesn’t often have Tiger/King prawns - I bought those in Morrison’s. You can buy frozen ones as well - but I prefer fresh.

1 Like

Just on impulse I decided to make scones for tea. Unfortunately we haven’t got any clotted cream in the fridge so we’ll just have to manage with thick butter and jam… :grinning:

3 Likes

I swap you a carton of double cream for a couple of those , Barry - they look delicious!

By the way - how is Alfie now?

1 Like

They were really very nice thanks Tabby but we could only manage two each and the rest went in the freezer. … Really could have used some cream though, so the next time you are passing you bring the cream and we’ll supply the scones and a pot of tea… :grinning:

Oh and Alfie is doing great thanks, as good as new for awhile… :+1:

1 Like

Today we had Mississippi pot roast. It’s beef done in the slow cooker with some spices.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting - would your lovely wife share the recipe please?