Rear porch door

well yet another struggle repairing another “Mr Bodget” jobs. Had to get a narrow door lock “yale type” because the esisting on diddn’t work properly. that is when I found out what a balls up went before. there is a retaining plate behind the inside section which acts as a clamp to hold the barrel . well the wood on the door was so uneven it threw everything out of alignment no wonder we have had problems with it. So out with the wood chisles to even everything up wood wise so the plate lay flat. Next assembled it all so it now works inside and out on keys. OH shit, no other words for it, fitted the retaining striker plate on the door frame and the gap between the new lock and door frame you could drive a bus through. No way to pack it out ,luckily I keep everything so in my workshop I had saved a larger striker plate, don’t as me where it came from but big enough to accept the lock. may be different colour but at least we now have a secondary means of locking the door.

just got to fill in around the lock now , bit of mastic should do the job tomorrow

My hubby replaced the yale look on our door leading into the house …

And found out he had fitted it upside down … So the key has to be presented to and in the hole upside down …
He left it like that , it works for us but I guess not a Burglar

this only get one into the porch there still is the main back door with its own locks